Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question: What 200TW Track Day Tire Should I get for a 17 inch Wheel?

OP
E
Thread Starter #103
After 5 track days I sucessfully corded 3 of the tires. :D

I would have gotten more life out of them but the two 100 degree days I ran in August really tore them up. Even worse I found out later one of the camber bolts must have moved because the passenger side was at a dismal 1.2* when I did my first DIY alignment last week. Last weekend was cool with high temps in the 60s and I somehow got 2 full days out of them. I even timed it perfectly where the tires got trashed on the last rowdy session of the weekend.

And with that, my track time with the FiST is done. It's been a fun 2 years of steady mods and 14 track days but it's time to move on to something else. Stay tuned for parts I'll be posting for sale--I plan to remove and sell the Bilstein B14 coilovers, Sparco Trofeo wheels, and AccessPort with a Mountune airbox and intercooler. I might have some other goodies too...just trying to figure out the best street setup since I plan to daily drive for another year or so.

Thanks again for all the info shared here!

Magnetic

After 5 track days I sucessfully corded 3 of the tires. :D

I would have gotten more life out of them but the two 100 degree days I ran in August really tore them up. Even worse I found out later one of the camber bolts must have moved because the passenger side was at a dismal 1.2* when I did my first DIY alignment last week. Last weekend was cool with high temps in the 60s and I somehow got 2 full days out of them. I even timed it perfectly where the tires got trashed on the last rowdy session of the weekend.

And with that, my track time with the FiST is done. It's been a fun 2 years of steady mods and 14 track days but it's time to move on to something else. Stay tuned for parts I'll be posting for sale--I plan to remove and sell the Bilstein B14 coilovers, Sparco Trofeo wheels, and AccessPort with a Mountune airbox and intercooler. I might have some other goodies too...just trying to figure out the best street setup since I plan to daily drive for another year or so.

Thanks again for all the info shared here!
What's your next build?

OP
E
Thread Starter #105
What's your next build?
I'm still trying to figure that out. In the short term, this will be the track toy.

But that's not a permanent solution because I'm cheap and don't want to cough up the money for consumables on a 3,600 pound BMW.

For a FiST replacement I'm looking at something that would be a hatchback and new. Not many options out there though--Mini, Velostar, and Golf R are about it. Golf R is at the top of my list but I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money. The other option is to get a project car that I can take to the track and not care if it gets beat on or crashed. Maybe a BRZ/FRS/86 or the all too predictable track car choice...a Miata.

No clue which direction I'll go at this point. Probably keep what I have for a while considering the chip shortage affecting new car supplies and the absolutely insane use car prices.

Magnetic

I'm still trying to figure that out. In the short term, this will be the track toy.

But that's not a permanent solution because I'm cheap and don't want to cough up the money for consumables on a 3,600 pound BMW.

For a FiST replacement I'm looking at something that would be a hatchback and new. Not many options out there though--Mini, Velostar, and Golf R are about it. Golf R is at the top of my list but I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money. The other option is to get a project car that I can take to the track and not care if it gets beat on or crashed. Maybe a BRZ/FRS/86 or the all too predictable track car choice...a Miata.

No clue which direction I'll go at this point. Probably keep what I have for a while considering the chip shortage affecting new car supplies and the absolutely insane use car prices.
Yeah the chip shortage is destroying the equilibrium of the car market. I believe it's being purposely done.

Dealers are raping people to extract as much profits as possible as the age of fossil fuel vehicles comes to an end while they buy time to produce all electric cars and the government makes gas powered cars illegal to sell new.

But yeah not too many options nowadays. I was considering the Veloster N as well. Only thing I didn't like were the seats. (the FiST Recaro's are better for slim people)

ronmcdon

cost of consumables are one of main draws for me for the fiesta. have not done more track days in my life than this year because of it. just purchased my third set of Dunlop Z3.

in past few months have been saving up for parts here and there for my evo x but I dread the cost of tires, pads and gas.
Went through my first set of pads in just 2 hpde events and set of tires cost just over a grand (275/18s also Z3's). In 1 hpde day go through over 2 tanks of gas.

OP
E
Thread Starter #108
But yeah not too many options nowadays. I was considering the Veloster N as well. Only thing I didn't like were the seats. (the FiST Recaro's are better for slim people)
That's interesting to hear about the Veloster N seats. I haven't been able to even sit in one and have only seen 2 in the wild. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I seriously consider one because the Fiesta Recaros are perfect for me for sporty driving. Yes, a pain in the ass to get in and out of the car but perfect when driving.

cost of consumables are one of main draws for me for the fiesta. have not done more track days in my life than this year because of it. just purchased my third set of Dunlop Z3.

in past few months have been saving up for parts here and there for my evo x but I dread the cost of tires, pads and gas.
Went through my first set of pads in just 2 hpde events and set of tires cost just over a grand (275/18s also Z3's). In 1 hpde day go through over 2 tanks of gas.
Ha! You know exactly what I'm talking about. What you described with your evo was my experience the couple times I tracked the M2C this year. It makes me think it would be cheaper to just throw an LSD and bigger turbo on the FiST.

Magnetic

That's interesting to hear about the Veloster N seats. I haven't been able to even sit in one and have only seen 2 in the wild. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I seriously consider one because the Fiesta Recaros are perfect for me for sporty driving. Yes, a pain in the ass to get in and out of the car but perfect when driving.

Ha! You know exactly what I'm talking about. What you described with your evo was my experience the couple times I tracked the M2C this year. It makes me think it would be cheaper to just throw an LSD and bigger turbo on the FiST.
Yup they're perfect for me too.