Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quick Powered Sub RF PS-8 Install Questions

OK, so I originally wanted to add this to my Focus RS but since I sold it and upgraded to a FiST, I plan on putting it in the FiST instead and the install plan is slightly different. Here are a couple of quick questions so if folks in the know can chime in, it'd be much appreciated!!!

1. Planning on keeping everything stock (for now or forever) except adding the powered sub to the current Sony Premium sound system.
2. I plan on running a power wire from the battery (duh), a ground in the trunk, tapping a fuse for remote power turn on, and having the thing sit in the trunk most likely and maybe under the driver seat if possible.

Does everything sound right so far?

The main question is should I just tap into one of the speaker wires with a T-tap in the opposite side B-pillar than the power is run and run speaker level inputs into the RF powered sub, or should I use a PAC LOC to get RCA inputs in the sub? Does it even matter? I've read that subs can accept a single speaker input (mono) but not sure I've ever done it this way. If it doesn't matter, then simpler is better IMO, but I don't want to sacrifice anything over a $20 LOC. Can someone please tell me if my plans are good and clarify if it matters for speaker input? Anything else I should consider as well??? Thanks!

ALSO, with this setup, should I do the FORSCAN to disable factory HU sound processing or keep it since I am only adding a powered subwoofer to the stock system?

Last edited:

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I can't comment on anything other than the sound system and can only offer an opinion but I haven't had any issues with installing an amp and 4 kicker speakers and using the stock processor. Then again, I'm not crazy about my sound quality as some people are but the system I built does a pretty good job while I'm going from a to b.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

mchriste

Skold,
wondering if you got that thing fit under the seat? I'm considering a the Kenwood KSC-SW11, but I'd prefer to put the Rockville SS8P, as it has more power and the Amazon reviews are good... very inexpensive. But I know the Kenny fits under the seat and is popular...

I've had one of those in my hatch for a few years. I just pulled the signal from passenger b-pillar and used a line converter to run RCA's to it. You probably don't have to, but I thought it made for a cleaner install. Also, the useless dash cubby makes a nice place to mount the little sub controller. I think regardless of where you tap from the factory system starts to pull low end as the volume goes up, but it's not too bad at normal levels. Not sure if you can forscan that out.

I don't know if it'll go under a seat but it fits perfectly under the hatch floor and gives plenty of sound from there.