Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAM short shifter, one of a kind, free mod:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

I cut out some of the stock area and used some 1/4" plate, drilled to fit the ball joint which is also welded in from the rear.

Normally I do not sand down my welds that much but I really had it cranked up to ensure good fusion and it was a bit unsightly, strong but not as pretty as I can weld so I cleaned it up a bit before painting.

---------------

Shorter throw because I am going to have a taller shift knob and or cut and add length to the shift lever as I like them tall and near the wheel as possible.

Moved toward the firewall a bit as it will bring the shifter closer to me as well, it will not be a large amount so I might change the angle a bit, etc, on the shift lever as well.

And as in a previous thread I will raise the shifter mount platform.

-----------------

I already had modified the cable bracket so the cable aims at it better, I did not like the bind I felt in the cable in the location some SS kits may have it at.

In the end, taller shifter, closer to the steering wheel, nice short throws, DIY cable mount bushings, cable mount angle change, etc....I probably spent a few bucks on welding gas and wire, a bit of electricity, a few hours of my time having fun:)

I am not for hire to do this for others, too many things to finish up myself.

Have a great weekend!
Rick