Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio ST, street, track, dog hauler, grocery getter, ultra low weight audio.....

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #181
I will see if I can get some pics up soon, slammed here getting ready to sell the house, move, have to make a road trip tomorrow for a few days....I can probably post some while gone though.

---------------

Good to hear it is normal on the EFR WG, I did not think if much of an issues since rarely happened and I probably talked to SS about it but forgot with all I have going on, almost always many projects besides the car.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
Just made another tuning run, fixed an issue with the WG controller, looks like the serious lack of sleep I have had for the past few weeks caught up to me, all good now with one exception.

I forgot to turn off the nannies, started spinning the tires at 4200, caused a spike to 29.09 PSI, nannies kicked in, car still hauled butt and made 270 HP and 276 ft lbs! even with the jacked up run. looking good to make the 300WHP I am after on 91 octane as the timing looks good(pulled, lowered boost, etc during the nannie portion but was great once past that all the way to 7200 RPM)

No all the fine tuning can begin, once I get back from a road trip, wish I could stay and work on it but meeting my wife in Virginia City for our 6th anniversary, look at some properties, etc....then to CA for a few days to see our new grandson:)

That's a great area up there [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] I live part time in Bridgeport not too far away.

Just made another tuning run, fixed an issue with the WG controller, looks like the serious lack of sleep I have had for the past few weeks caught up to me, all good now with one exception.

I forgot to turn off the nannies, started spinning the tires at 4200, caused a spike to 29.09 PSI, nannies kicked in, car still hauled butt and made 270 HP and 276 ft lbs! even with the jacked up run. looking good to make the 300WHP I am after on 91 octane as the timing looks good(pulled, lowered boost, etc during the nannie portion but was great once past that all the way to 7200 RPM)

No all the fine tuning can begin, once I get back from a road trip, wish I could stay and work on it but meeting my wife in Virginia City for our 6th anniversary, look at some properties, etc....then to CA for a few days to see our new grandson:)
Have fun in Virginia City! THats a cool little town.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #185
Back to tuning, with the road construction blocking access to my place to make the logs and a massive relocation project to NV and well as setup for RVing not much time to get this done but the numbers are getting better.

There is a lot of work to do and I might have to start running my race tires as getting some serious 3rd gear wheel spin when the turbo spools up but for now and this is at 5200 ft elevation and we have very thin dry air here in Utah and on 91 Octane.

24.3 PSI
280 WHP
272 FT LBS

The car hauls arse as it is and going to be faster yet:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #187
It is a bit laggy but there are things to help, cam timing, ign timing and probably more I am not aware of, right now it pulls really hard from 4-7.4k which will be fine on a road race track or even a mountain run if the gears are used properly but daily driver and autocross it might not be best as it really kicks in when it does.

I would gladly give up a bit of peak torque to have a broader curve which might just work out with all the tuning that can be done on this car.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #189
For just cruising around it drives very well, it is like two different cars but I like a bit more bottom end pull and sure there will be more once fully tuned.

Due to major road construction I cannot get to my tuning run area some days and others I have to drive 40 miles or more to get there and back on slower roads. We are moving and have a huge amount of things to go through and sort out, shocking how much stuff one can accumulate in 9 years in one house and shop!

That said, I have only been able to get a tuning run in every few days so it is taking some time to get dialed in and not even started the fine tuning yet.

For just cruising around it drives very well, it is like two different cars but I like a bit more bottom end pull and sure there will be more once fully tuned.

Due to major road construction I cannot get to my tuning run area some days and others I have to drive 40 miles or more to get there and back on slower roads. We are moving and have a huge amount of things to go through and sort out, shocking how much stuff one can accumulate in 9 years in one house and shop!

That said, I have only been able to get a tuning run in every few days so it is taking some time to get dialed in and not even started the fine tuning yet.
Moving is no fun! It is amazing to think of how much stuff you have collected over the years and never realized it. I am glad to see the tuning is going well, and the car is running good. I am excited to see this tune fully dialed in. Every time I read about this I get more excited and want to go buy the kit, but unfortunately and fortunately I have that money set aside for the townhouse I am going to be moving into in the coming months, sooooo I cant spend it. But it is nice to see other people building and getting board with the big turbos! Love it man cant wait for some more updates!!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #192
Russ is tuning the car and very glad he is. I was offered a lower cost tune elsewhere due to other tunes I have had done but I felt it best for all of us to have Russ tune the first DHM EFR kit as he already worked with the Peron EFR kit and has proven to be exceptionally knowledgeable and brought up issues and terms I have not even heard any other tuner mention.

------------

91 Octane at 5200 ft elevation and 6900 ft Air Density!!!

Tune is not finished yet.

I have been looking for a formula or factor to get an idea of what sea level numbers would be at, has to be higher but how high?

My original goal for this car when I bought it spring of 2014 was 250WHP then I decided I wanted 275, I was going to buy an EFR back then and build my own kit but got involved with the Cyborg, which is a great budget way to go, much better that the stock turbo with the massive torque spike that is hard to use. It was fun but just not taking me where I wanted to be so I bought an EFR and parts to start building the kit but learned more about DHM and contacted Russ to see if he would build a kit for these cars so I send him the turbo and a few parts and damn glad I did! I decided I wanted 275-300WHP on 91 Octane, 300 at sea level would of been plenty for my road course needs and looks like that is a done deal already or more:)

Rod is making 325 WHP on the GTX and 93 Octane and I can only imagine how nuts that is as 280WHP is dang quick in this car:) I would not even want 375 like they did with the meth injection, to me the only place to really use it is drag racing on slicks and I am not much into that though I highly respect all forms of racing.

I do plan to get the 5th injector setup mainly to help keep the valves clean but I could see using the added power on the straights on a road race track at higher speeds. I am running 225 RA1 race tires, later I may be running Hoosier A7 up front for time trials, they are around a 240-245 wide tire though labeled at 225, at least the A6 was, I will have to check. I am also looking into the Maxxiss RC-1 in 245 front and 225 rear for my general track tires, I could use more power on the straights with more tire than I now run. My car is at 2575 lbs at the moment, I could only imagine hooking up down a long straight with 350-375, maybe even 400WHP!!!!! I might not even want to go there, might be to scary without a roll cage, containment seat, harness, fire system, etc......

Good to hear you are so happy with everything! DHM is going to go places for us in this community. Have any videos by chance? I would love to hear the sound of the car!

LT Berzerker

Good to hear you are so happy with everything! DHM is going to go places for us in this community. Have any videos by chance? I would love to hear the sound of the car!
Completely agreed! Can't wait to start getting funds to purchase thier intercooler & crash bar

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #195
I have said it elsewhere probably more than once but DHM builds some of the best parts I have ever had and their prices are damn good!

I am so busy with getting the move done I can barely get out to make a run and keep forgetting to make a video. I have a good camera and I have a GoPro I have never used so no other excuse except busy busy busy here.....

When we get the tuning done I will post up VD plots, make a video, etc, I promise, it might be the middle or end of July as moving the 9th or so.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #196
I went on my first ever canyon run at speed since I hardly ever go faster than 5 over on public roads and the car is amazing, not fully tuned and a bit laggy around town which is turning out to be just fine by me. Once in the twisties it is easy to keep the revs up and with a 4k+ power band to work with the car simply hauls ass:)

Totally different animal and much better than the stock turbo tuned up for a massive torque input then dying off, far easier to use the new power band effectively and it is faster when doing so.
----------

Little bit of EFR love yesterday, my last day to use my lift as it went to a new home today.

Wrapped the DP, our doggies love the car and mods:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #197
Turbo swap time again, GTX2860R, on order, parts to be built or modded so will take some.

---------------------

10 new wheels, 4 for the street with 225/45/15 Rival S tires, 6 for the track with the same size RA1 race tires.
Konig Helix, 15x9, 13.4 lbs, roll formed so super strong and just $124 each!

The tires are perfectly stretched for proven effectiveness on the track but will probably be a bit stiffer on the street than needed as in ride harder and maybe even wander a bit more. They look really stretched in the picture but are less than it appears.

The wheels are 10" at the outer lip, the tread measures 8.5" so just a 3/4" stretch.

I need to make some ABS front fender liner covers that extend out to block the air from hitting the tires.

Only one tire was mounted so the rear in this pic does not look right, it will be flush right at the fender lips with the wider wheels and tires mounted back there.

Temp hood pins, I have locking aerocatch units to install soon.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #199
I'm broke....not really but not rolling in it either, just addicted! I need to end this habit sometime in my life:)

Updated with another picture and more info.

I also need to realign my bumper, radiator support, lights, hood, etc....I will when I take it all apart to build the ABS ducting for the coolers and open up the lower grill a bit more.

LT Berzerker

Lol, me too, just went autox for the first time... Can't wait for a track day after the brakes get upgraded ;)