Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio ST, street, track, dog hauler, grocery getter, ultra low weight audio.....

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201
Looks like you were having great fun:)

Body roll well managed, real inside tire still on the ground.

I used to autocross a lot, on and off since the 70's and loved it, especially all the great people I met in SoCal, NoCal, Southern and Northern OR, Western and Eastern WA, Utah, some in Idaho....once I started doing track days I seldom autocross as a 3 quick runs is just not enough time behind the wheel. SoCal was the best when in SD at the stadium, lots of room, big courses, the Vette guys were the best at higher speed ones, 90 second runs, do the morning and afternoon groups so 6 runs and then always fun runs, best day I did 16 at $1 each but my tires were pretty burned out by the end. If I could do both sessions and make some fun runs then I would start doing it at least once in awhile again as I really miss the people the most and far more intimate that track days.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
It spools a bit slower than I hoped but I could live with it on the street or track but in a mountain run or autocross might be to laggy. It also whines like a supercharger under heavy load, mostly 3rd gear and beyond which goes totally against my fairly stealthy way of building my cars.

We hope the GTX will spool a bit sooner but even if the same I can live with it.

It has a great power curve all the way to the current 7400 rpm redline and would spin even higher so it does have a wide power band up in the mid to higher RPMs.

I love the compactness, integrated WG and bypass(bypass is likely the issue with the noise or so it seems)

Costing quite a bit to change to the GTX though Russ is treating me very fairly on it. It will have both the WG and BOV, external, vent to the exhaust and intake to keep the noise down.

Between the Cyborg, EFR and now this turbo I have considerable time and money invested but I want it right for my needs and wishes so doing what it takes.
Later I will have the 5th injector to help with the oiling valves issue and can have a bit more grunt if ever wanted.

At sea level, not 100% tuned, 91 octane, it was all the power I wanted with the EFR and more and hooked up and hauled arse, I just wish it did not make the damned noise it does:(

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #204
I just listed my aluminum car trailer on Craig's listr, I might here later on, no longer needed so going to trade for an enclosed race trailer so I do not have to take the toyhauler to one or two day events in CA, a bit of pain to take this thing some places.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #205
Full time RV now, based in Carson City NV at an RV park, decided to look at some properties here and sort out and sell off the rest of the car stuff I no longer need and my wife's book business before we hit the road.

Car is going under the knife again, GTX turbo, I was supposed to take it apart today but simply too burned out from working in the heat all week and especially yesterday.

Got the new summer street setup on now.

I have 6 more with race tires on them:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
Full time RV now, based in Carson City NV at an RV park, decided to look at some properties here and sort out and sell off the rest of the car stuff I no longer need and my wife's book business before we hit the road.

Car is going under the knife again, GTX turbo, I was supposed to take it apart today but simply too burned out from working in the heat all week and especially yesterday.

Got the new summer street setup on now.

I have 6 more with race tires on them:)

[clap] car is looking great. I love the new wheels and tire combo. I'm going to have to check out your brake set up, do you think ANY 15" wheel would fit it or is this a matter of guess and check.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208
My setup is so far off from stock it would be a very serious effort to duplicate it but too me it was worth it and I love doing what has not been done before as very rewarding in itself besides the performance gains which are exponential in that past a certain point it just gets crazy in time and money.

I only know of two wheels that fit over the front brakes, 15x9, +35, Konig Dial with 2mm spacer to clear the wheels from the coilovers and Helix with 5mm spacer to clear the rub strips on the inside of the Rival-S(I sure cannot fathom why they have internal strips) I would rather not run any spacers at all as better scrub radius but at least it is not horrible.

Right now I am dealing with a turbo change and now or later have to sort out the severe torque steer with the power and grip I have.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Loving the new wheel choice Rick.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #210
Thanks, me too:):)

The car stands out a bit more than I prefer so I have to be more watchful for the popo, etc..I prefer pretty low key but am just going to live with the new setup as love the looks and even more about the performance!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
Thanks, have not been online much, off in CA dealing with not so fun family stuff instead of taking it to the track or pulling off the turbo to get the GTX conversion started.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #213
5th injector system arrived today, very well made, very excited to install it and tune but not until I can get the time and space to get the turbo stuff off and upgraded to the GTX. First snow today, looking for a heated shop to rent I can afford or the car may go into storage for the winter unless we go down to AZ as we have been considering and look for a place there to work on it which would not require heat at least!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Picked up a set of Enkei RPF1 in 16x8 yesterday, looking for best All Season tires for them.
Picked up Seibon RS style CF hood from them today.
Need to get busy and sell some wheels and tires, I have 22 wheels and 14 tires right now!

5th injector setup sold, going to WMI instead and a GT2560R instead of the GTX2860R now that the 2560 has shown to make the peak HP number I want and has a wider power band which is more useful to me. I am also going with the DHM high flow cat though costly it will last and flow properly.

Picked up a set of Enkei RPF1 in 16x8 yesterday, looking for best All Season tires for them.
Picked up Seibon RS style CF hood from them today.
Need to get busy and sell some wheels and tires, I have 22 wheels and 14 tires right now!

5th injector setup sold, going to WMI instead and a GT2560R instead of the GTX2860R now that the 2560 has shown to make the peak HP number I want and has a wider power band which is more useful to me. I am also going with the DHM high flow cat though costly it will last and flow properly.
Would love some pictures of the RPF1s when you get a chance! I'm strongly considering these wheels.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
Once I find the tires I want to run and get the turbo swap done I will take some picks for sure:)

I love the RPF1 but did not want them for this car as have had them on 2 or 3 other cars and wanted something different but they are very good light weight wheels with an offset I can use. Later when the Konig Dial in is available in 16x8, 4x100, I will switch to them but wish they were making 16's in the Helix as I like them better and have 10 of them in 15x9. I could of bought Konig Feathers, cast instead of roll formed but well made wheels, half the price in 16x7 but I wanted 8" wide wheels.

I really drove down to San Diego, Goodwin Racing, to find out if any 15x8 would fit, if not 15x7 but nothing made seems to work with my 11.75" rotor BBK except 2 or 3 wheels in 15x9 and there are no AS tires made I could use with that wide a wheel and not really what one should do, really wide all seasons on a low weight car.

I need to get the 17x7 Konig Feathers with Michelin PS-3 AS tires on them sold as well as a set of 15x9 Konig Dial In wheels as have far many in our RV and see if anybody needs a silver hood with holes for hood pins in it.

Keep me in mind when it comes time to get rid of your RFP1's. I need a set of winter wheels. If you where somewhere near I would be interested in the hood, I need one for cutting up but shipping would be stupid.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #218
wspec
Yes, shipping would be stupid and I have no box but if you wanted one not perfect perhaps some foam wrap or bubble wrap and Greyhound from AZ to you could work out. For you, I would only charge what it cost to get it there, hood on me:)

IF, they do the 16" Konigs it would take months, 3-4, 8.....who knows, I would gladly let you have the RPF1's at that time but once I plasti-dip them in black I might want to keep them.

Then again, what does Plasti-dip add in weight? If too much I will skip it for sure.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
GT2560R will have a billet compressor wheel which has shown to help the spool and top power.
AEM WMI kit and Tune+ spark plugs arrived:)
Looking at Li batteries but still to costly, one I want is $750!
Aerocatch locking hood pins on order, have a set but could not find them in storage after our move, will show up someday.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #220
Long time since posting here!

Many mods going on right now.

15x8, 4x100, 11.4lb 6ul wheels I found a way to make fit over my DIY 11.75" rotor BBK even though those in the know said it can't be done without some very extreme measures, it was not that hard to me at least:) I have new caliper mounts being machined for them and the really cool news is...I will update my thread on this.....4x100 conversion guys can get a very good brake upgrade and 11.4lb 15x8 roll formed wheels for just $159 each very soon:)

205/50/15 Nitto NeoGen, look like 225s as a very wide 205, stickiest AS tire I know of.

Swift 8/7KG springs installed on the BC coilovers.

EFR turbo off the car and for sale, swapping to DHM 290R quick spool, waiting for parts right now.

Mishimoto expansion tank installed.

Aluminum steering rack bushings installed.

Other upgrades, changes, etc I am doing right now.

Bigger gel cell battery, wish I had the $800 for a good li battery but the car can use a bit more weight in the rear as I took so much out it will help the balance.

AEM WMI kit going in, spare tire well mounted, removed stock windshield washer tank, will use 50/50 meth to clean the windshield from now on.

Installed check valve on OCC line.

APR 48" CF wing element on hand, will build uprights as soon as I can and have a real wing that is very light and very strong, will use for track days and take it off the rest of the time, most likely that is:)

If this all goes well then brake cooling ducts feed from below the grill and above the TR splitter.

Interesting solution I am working on for DIY upgraded passenger side engine mount, I will post a thread once I have it sorted out.

RS vented CF hood with locking aerocatch latches on hand, I needed to save cut out some weight up front.

Building new 2 point brace/undertray mount that was damaged on the road then I can put the full length undertray/splitter back on.