Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio ST, street, track, dog hauler, grocery getter, ultra low weight audio.....

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #161
First data log run made today!

At 18.8 PSI it made the same exact horsepower as the Cyborg did at 27 or whatever it was.

Have to start a bit low and work up to the max.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #163
Not much yet, just 231 but I stated the run at way higher RPM than I wanted to, too much traffic, it was not a good run to go with as for what the EFR is capable of, start much earlier, build more boost, make more power.....:)

I am hoping to make 300WHP on 91 Octane and have a nice solid torque curve.

At 5200 ft, 6900 DA, it might not make it but if I get 275+up here it will be quite quick and when at lower altitudes, much fun:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #164
If you have read the Cyborg threads it is capable at sea level of doing far better than I got out of it and mine was close to as tweaked as can get except the turbine could of been clipped a bit more, highly ported manifold and WG, turbine inlet, 3" DP with 3" outlet....

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #165
248 WHP on 18.39 PSI, and still making more power beyond 7k RPM

Peak torque is a bit low yet, it will come up but it is pretty flat out to 7k as well as only dropped 17 ft lbs after peak.

The have the road down from me where I normally have easy access to make runs all tore up so I have a 40 mile round trip at 40 MPH to get to a place I can do it right now or we would be much further along on this.

I have only been able to make 4 runs so far so this is quite good all things considered, stepping up the game a bit at a time is the safe and wise way to tune.

248 WHP on 18.39 PSI, and still making more power beyond 7k RPM

Peak torque is a bit low yet, it will come up but it is pretty flat out to 7k as well as only dropped 17 ft lbs after peak.

The have the road down from me where I normally have easy access to make runs all tore up so I have a 40 mile round trip at 40 MPH to get to a place I can do it right now or we would be much further along on this.

I have only been able to make 4 runs so far so this is quite good all things considered, stepping up the game a bit at a time is the safe and wise way to tune.
Are you happy with the kit? I am so close to placing an order with DHM. I saw someone running one of the ATP blot on turbos that already blew his motor, it's making me a little nervous. I'm not sure if it was user/tuner error or if the car just couldn't handle the power.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #167
Tuning is key to survival.

I had a tC engine with SC blow 5 holes in the block at just 250 WHP yet know of others with 350WHP with 50k miles on the engine, mine blew because of a bad $1100 tune!

The construction and layout of the kit is the best I have ever seen, I feel the DHM kit is a bargain for the quality and I have had higher end kits and built DIY parts that I would never do again for the time it takes to make the top notch, why I hired them to build the first EFR kit:)

Install and driver error has blown many an engine as well so the ATP was not likely the cause;)

Tuning is key to survival.

I had a tC engine with SC blow 5 holes in the block at just 250 WHP yet know of others with 350WHP with 50k miles on the engine, mine blew because of a bad $1100 tune!

The construction and layout of the kit is the best I have ever seen, I feel the DHM kit is a bargain for the quality and I have had higher end kits and built DIY parts that I would never do again for the time it takes to make the top notch, why I hired them to build the first EFR kit:)

Install and driver error has blown many an engine as well so the ATP was not likely the cause;)

Boy.... Making me fear my GTX install. o_O I will have help from some who have done it before on other cars though.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #169
The key is take your time and double and triple check every nut, bolt, line, etc.......

Pump some oil into the turbo oil gallery before firing up the engine.

Do not fire it up until you have a base level tune for your mod level unless a very simple and known mod that does not need a tune or can be used until tuned.

Check all fluid levels, top off as needed.

Start it up and let it warm up while looking and listening to every single thing you touched.

Watch for leaks of any kind.

Shut it down, let it cool, keep looking for leaks, check all fasteners again.

Check all fluid levels again and top off again.

Start it up, let it warm up a bit and take it out but do not get on it, drive around and see how it feels and sounds, anything amiss, shut it down immediately.

Check for leaks again.

OK, then drive it a bit further, get on it a bit, etc.......baby steps are a good thing to do.

-------

Personal example:

I have a huge list of mods on my car from 293 miles when I started the project and 7 months later took it off the lift for the first drive, worked on tuning, etc and at 1k miles took it for a two day track event and drove the piss out of it to see if any weak links, 200 plus miles off all out and often over driving it on purpose and the only issue was losing 2PSI in one tire.

Track time is expensive, a car breaking on track can be deadly dangerous, being annal about being prepared has a huge payback.

The same applies for any modded street only car.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Boy.... Making me fear my GTX install. o_O I will have help from some who have done it before on other cars though.
Our cars have a oil pumping non start feature if you hold the clutch and the gas pedal to the floor it will crank but not fire.. test it before you start the install to be sure. Russ at DHM passed this tip along to me and Get his cell if you don't already have it Snail he has done your kit at least once that we know of and is very responsive if you have questions..

Our cars have a oil pumping non start feature if you hold the clutch and the gas pedal to the floor it will crank but not fire.. test it before you start the install to be sure. Russ at DHM passed this tip along to me and Get his cell if you don't already have it Snail he has done your kit at least once that we know of and is very responsive if you have questions..
Nice tip thx [emoji1] I'm already too far into my gtx install to test this out prior but will keep fingers crossed. I assume dumping a bit of oil in the feed before sealing it up would be helpful as mentioned earlier?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Nice tip thx [emoji1] I'm already too far into my gtx install to test this out prior but will keep fingers crossed. I assume dumping a bit of oil in the feed before sealing it up would be helpful as mentioned earlier?
Yup that can't hurt either Should be pretty easy really it has been fabbed in more than one car i know of ;)

Thanks for the info. I will give this a try well before hand. I have been texting him for the past couple days.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION]

Did you get waste gate flutter while easing off the gas when you had the cyborg installed?
i have this happening and it sounds cool but i want it to work as it's supposed to, either boost on or dump with no tsutsutsutsu while easing off the gas.

as a reminder incase you forgot; i have your old cyborg kit.
thanks.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #175
It only did it while going up the rather steep 25 MPH road to my house and just a little and not sure all the time even so I did not even consider it an issued to be concerned with. The other previous turbo cars I have driven up there did the same thing and not anywhere else I ever recall. I will have to see it the EFR does it, did not notice yet but only drove up it a few times so far.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
Dang, I forgot about the not start to pump oil method but was so brain dead from lack of sleep for a few days I have a pretty good excuse to forget something. I did make a checklist of everything and went over it three times or more instead of my normal two times and did squirt plenty of oil down the line into the turbo so all good.

Thanks for the reminder and probably new info to some:)

Rick

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club

it is doing it every single time i come off the gas slightly. if i lift off fully it will dump normally.

any idea on solving this? WG too tight maybe maybe?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #178
Best to ask Sourskittle since he is the developer and has by far the most experience tuning this.

It might be the WG adjustment, tuning at my altitude and air density was quite a bit different than lower altitude results and difficulties.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Did you get waste gate flutter while easing off the gas when you had the cyborg installed?
i have this happening and it sounds cool but i want it to work as it's supposed to, either boost on or dump with no tsutsutsutsu while easing off the gas.

as a reminder incase you forgot; i have your old cyborg kit.
thanks.
I'm 99.99% sure you have the EFR wastegate, the same on my Cyborg, and it's normal.