Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radio stays on when you switch the engine off....

Does anyone find it weird that the radio stays on when you turn
off your ignition button? Turns off when I open the door. I find it a
tad annoying.

Just wondering if that's the norm or if there's a way to disable it...

Cheers

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Every other car I've owned the radio shuts up when ignition is turned off. To be fair though...yeah
they were all pre-2000 cars.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's normal, mang. Program it out? I don't know. Worth searching for an answer? No.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
No way to program it out. Main reason it stays on is that if you are using the hands free phone you can continue to conversation with the car turned off while sitting in the car, also the power windows(except sunroof) will have power until you open the door.

Etyrnus

[confuse][screwy]...really? And just as an aside, even if you sit in the car after shutting it off, it only stays on for about 10-15 minutes or until you open the door. Not long enough to make an appreciable dent in the battery, unless your battery is already in bad shape.

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
No way to program it out. Main reason it stays on is that if you are using the hands free phone you can continue to conversation with the car turned off while sitting in the car, also the power windows(except sunroof) will have power until you open the door.
That makes sense. Cheers for the educated answer.

Ford Community Posts