Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

raise Idle after powerflex inserts?

HBEcoBeaST

About to update my statified e30 tune from V3 to v4 (finally!) but was wondering if I should hold out until I install my PowerFlex 'street' psmm and trans inserts. Currently running a cobb rmm.

Anyone running these inserts raise idle? Or is the stock 750rpm ok? I don't mind slightly more vibrations, but I also daily and need to keep the fiance comfort complaints to a minimum :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just Roll it you will be fine....My gen2 is on the stock mount without the insert....I have one just not installed yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
Just Roll it you will be fine....My gen2 is on the stock mount without the insert....I have one just not installed yet.

maybe I'm a little hungover off benadryl but what do you mean? I'm fine with the stock idle? And you mean gen2 as in the v2 stratified tune?

My psmm failed and makes a squeaky noise when cold so I went ahead and purchased new OEM mounts to go with the inserts. Still less than 50% the cost of after market mounts with hopefully less vibes.

I have Stratified E30 on the default idle with black race powerflex for the transmission and the upper engine mount with a AWR 88a rmm. My wife doesn't complain when she drives it other then the occasional loud crackles and bangs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No I have a Gen2 GTX 2860r on the stock mount without Insert Running Aux. Fuel ....e50 currently in the tank. But I do have an insert/ pineapple I'd like to put in soon.

Last edited:
Yes, you want to change it. I have cpe rmm and went with the black race inserts for both upper mounts. It is crazy stiff and I have a lot of nvh and noise. I have drone at highway speed. You know the sound when you talk into a fan? My 10 yr old daughter told me, "daddy, I sound like that in your car now". Would I change it, no. But be aware, everything now rattles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Erick_V

I have the Cobb RMM and the Powerflex pineapple for the PMM. Even with the AC the vibrations aren't bad at all, I think my MBRP CBE and Torque Solutions Hangars cause more vibrations than the motor mounts. The vibrations are so subtle (imo) I wouldn't mind getting the trans mount to complete the set. If I get the trans insert I'll likely go with the yellow. The inserts are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Even if you didn't like them you could remove and sell them and not be out too much money. My girlfriend doesn't complain about it either so you should be good there lol

jeff

2000 Post Club
I say no to raising the idle. I have a very slight vibration but not enough to bother me and I am very particular about those things. It actually makes the car feel like a racecar. Check my mods in my signature, I have a semi stiff rear motor mount and inserts on both sides and it is perfect. Makes you feel connected to the car, very slight vibration included. Can’t imagine it without it.

Someone above mentioned the CPE mount, I have heard on those reports of lots of vibration, that would probably need a raised idle, but unless you have that mount I would say not.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #9
Thanks guys. I got them installed pretty easy. Will report back once I've recovered from a calf injury and can actually drive my car again

I have the CPE rmm and all the Powerflex bushings. Mitch had to raise my idle rpm to about 850-900 rpm but I can’t remember exactly. This is due to the V2 cams don’t like the stock idle setting. I have zero nvh . Raising your idle is no big deal and it’s actually giving better top cylinder lubrication at idle due to higher oil pressure. Win win in my book 🇺🇸