Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raistron's Build thread

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Thread Starter #21
Didn't get a chance to posy it yesterday as I went from work, to shop, to home, to bed. But did the BoV, RMM, and mud flaps! Didn't get pics of two of em because I forgot, 5 hours in the shop of non-stop work will do that. But here's the mudflaps!

Jury is still out on the RMM, only drove 10 mins yesterday, but the BoV is the best thing I've done to this car, paired with the intake, it makes noises now! The BoV isn't loud unless you're slamming on it, which is what I like, and same with the intake. The mud flaps were definitely below expectations for build quality, and it seems a racoon I smacked damaged the liner on the passenger side front, making the install a pain, otherwise they look awesome!

Attachments

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #22
Gonna have to take more pictures soon, Whoosh V3 FMIC from Ron is set to arrive tomorrow, and I got a set of those fancy Diode Dynamic Elite Series fog lamps. I got to say they are BRIGHT, with the fogs on, I can barely see my headlights, and so far they've passed the flash test, as I haven't been flashed with them on yet. Need to get some kind of replacement for those headlights cause the fogs make them seem wimpy lol.

Had to splice into the headlamp wiring for the amber back lights, which is optional, and I goofed the driver side up and got into the wrong wire. But the passenger side looks amazing with the parking lights on and that amber backlight. Will definitely take pictures of that after I figure out the driver side wiring. Nothing stopped working, so thankful for that. Next up is likely going to be a set of Ruthenium plugs, and possibly a pro-tune, though I prefer Dyno-tunes and I heard Panda Motorworks is quite close, anyone used them for tunes before?

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #23
Borrowed the wife's phone so I could take pictures and show ya'll what they look like. Driver's side driving lamp is only not working cause I picked the wrong wire for the backlight function, once I get a chance to go back to the shop, I'll fix it lol. Now hopefully I'll see the racoons before they take out this pair of fog lamps!

Attachments

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #24
Got a question for ya'll as I've been looking into future mods post wheels/tires and dampeners. Just got the Whoosh V3 intercooler in today, likely going to put it in as soon as the step colder ruthenium plugs come in. Once that's complete, what else would ya'll recommend before I step into the land of hybrid/big turbo shenanigans? Right now for turbos I've been debating between S280, whoosh trac spec, and GTX2860R. For a car that might see light track use and a lot of street use, and looking for 300/300 WHP and TQ with plenty of room to spare in case I want to go further.

The S280 is a very popular one. I'd recommend af radiator upgrade for either turbo upgrade. There's a few plug and play options: Mishimoto, Pumaspeed, Airtec, Mountune and Koyo. Or the usual gamble of amazon/ebay products.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #26
Step colder plugs and Whoosh V3 intercooler installed, along with purple boost hoses!

The air dam/mud guard(?) Middle bracket 100% will not fit with the V3 intercooler, but take a grinder to the bracket, shave off a notch where it bends down, and the IC sits happily on top of it!

Accidentally broke the sound symposer tubing because I was too rough with it, hose wouldn't pop loose, so I took a thick bolt, set of washers and a thick rubber gasket and sealed it for the time being, already ordered a symposer delete from Ron to replace my Jerry rigged piece.

Also of note, make sure you tighten the hoses good and tight, I hit 16 lbs and heard a 'thump..whoosh' brought it back to the shop and immediately found the hose off the cold charge into the intake had come loose but not off, whoops.

Right after I put in a set of Ruthenium step colder spark plugs, figured I'd see how they held up.

All said and done looks great, and performs awesome cheers again to Ron over at Whoosh motorsports.

Attachments

Replace the hot side resonated piping on the intercooler for extra spooly spooly sounds ;)
On that note, yes I too have blown off hose piping. Makes quite a frightening bang when that excact pipe also slams the ground and back up into the subframe. Yes I blew it straght off the turbo :D

That purple color is actually really nice contrasting the black piping.

Step colder plugs and Whoosh V3 intercooler installed, along with purple boost hoses!

The air dam/mud guard(?) Middle bracket 100% will not fit with the V3 intercooler, but take a grinder to the bracket, shave off a notch where it bends down, and the IC sits happily on top of it!

Accidentally broke the sound symposer tubing because I was too rough with it, hose wouldn't pop loose, so I took a thick bolt, set of washers and a thick rubber gasket and sealed it for the time being, already ordered a symposer delete from Ron to replace my Jerry rigged piece.

Also of note, make sure you tighten the hoses good and tight, I hit 16 lbs and heard a 'thump..whoosh' brought it back to the shop and immediately found the hose off the cold charge into the intake had come loose but not off, whoops.

Right after I put in a set of Ruthenium step colder spark plugs, figured I'd see how they held up.

All said and done looks great, and performs awesome cheers again to Ron over at Whoosh motorsports.

looks good!

as far as the charge pipes go, spraying the inside with hairspray and then immediately putting them on helps get them on easier, and gets sticky and helps them stay on.

I also ordered a 2nd clamp kit from ron and just double-clamped all the hoses (there was room everywhere except for at the turbo). maybe overkill, but i wont have to worry about blowing a hose off lol

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #29
Friday will be install day for the symposer delete, looking forward to it! Gonna start looking into Salvage STs for a spare motor and trans, as well as Recaro seats and the Sync 3 Head unit. For the curious, I'm looking for a spare motor and trans because late next spring to see how realistic it would be to compound turbo, via the stock turbo and a GTX2867R, to retain low end torque, and keep high end power. Have a pretty good idea of where I'll mount the second turbo, by moving the battery and ECU to the rear, and the piping between the two, just have to see if it will fit.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to know how far you can reliably push this car, and having 2 other vehicles that I can daily drive if it turns south and blows up, but, I won't be doing any of that until I can get a second, wrecked Fiesta into my hands for a second motor and trans. So I wouldn't be out the car for very long, being able to just pull the motor and trans, slap the other one in and turn it way down until we know what happened.

For the time being its just dreams, but I'll know before the end of the year if I will actually take this route, so fingers crossed.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #30
Got the Spec-d brake lights in! They look fantastic and the install is fairly simple and straightforward 20 minutes at best. Instructions say to remove the Philips head screw, to access the wiring, I found its unnecessary, and frankly, if you fully remove the trim associated, its impossible to put back, so just pull the formed carpet material down and you can access the grey tail light socket.

Attachments

Call me crazy, but I'd like to know how far you can reliably push this car, and having 2 other vehicles that I can daily drive if it turns south and blows up, but, I won't be doing any of that until I can get a second, wrecked Fiesta into my hands for a second motor and trans. So I wouldn't be out the car for very long, being able to just pull the motor and trans, slap the other one in and turn it way down until we know what happened.

Because you used the word "reliably" I am going to put that amount around 350 WHP and torque.
From what I have seen and read on this forum 400 WHP is Attainable but things start breaking on the stock heads and block.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #32
Because you used the word "reliably" I am going to put that amount around 350 WHP and torque.
From what I have seen and read on this forum 400 WHP is Attainable but things start breaking on the stock heads and block.
Gonna agree there, but I wonder what the cause of said failures were. Cause I was talking to some of the older speed shop guys, and one of them was telling me that one of their old tricks was running A/C lines to cool the fuel being pushed into the engine down, and doing the same around the air intake lines.

Basically doing everything in their power to bring air and fuel Temps down to push everything further. Add ethanol to that mix, and I wonder just how far it could be pushed with the right turbo(s), before you find failures 100% due to drivetrain parts being too weak.

Gonna agree there, but I wonder what the cause of said failures were. Cause I was talking to some of the older speed shop guys, and one of them was telling me that one of their old tricks was running A/C lines to cool the fuel being pushed into the engine down, and doing the same around the air intake lines.

Basically doing everything in their power to bring air and fuel Temps down to push everything further. Add ethanol to that mix, and I wonder just how far it could be pushed with the right turbo(s), before you find failures 100% due to drivetrain parts being too weak.
Goes to show how crazy we are too bc how much tq can we really even put down on the tires. I watched an older vid of a yt girl with a claimed 380whp and it was spinning tires well through 3rd gear and into 4th. I suppose it would be fun to crush people on the highway with 5th n 6th pulls.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #34
Goes to show how crazy we are too bc how much tq can we really even put down on the tires. I watched an older vid of a yt girl with a claimed 380whp and it was spinning tires well through 3rd gear and into 4th. I suppose it would be fun to crush people on the highway with 5th n 6th pulls.
When I reach the point of not being able to put power down, that's when I'm going to start looking for 3 things.

1. Wider wheels.
2. Wider tires.
3. Custom fab fender liners and have the fenders rolled professionally.

Though I'd have to wait until my G8's heart transplant is commenced and finished, or I'd have to be driving the truck lol

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #35
In other news, I've got Fiesta Recaros in! They're a bit rough and dirty, so any recommendations for cleaning them would be appreciated! From my knowledge 2016 FiST recaros should be plug and play, but I'll be finding out tomorrow.

Plan on swapping them in tomorrow so I can throw the cloth seats at the playtoy for the time being.

Attachments

When I reach the point of not being able to put power down, that's when I'm going to start looking for 3 things.

1. Wider wheels.
2. Wider tires.

Though I'd have to wait until my G8's heart transplant is commenced and finished, or I'd have to be driving the truck lol
This is absolutely something i have thought about and still don't know the best route. Is there a consensus on what is the widest tire size our FiSTs can handle without rub, or what's the best way to fit a wider one? I have read mixed opinions on spacers and i didn't want to cause any damage as it's my daily and only car (wife has her own ride). I currently have stock size Indy 500s and they give hella good grip compared to my past tires but there's still no way im avoiding spin in 2nd gear and even 3rd is starting to give a bit i think. FWIW i have 17" wheels and they are Fifteen52s but they are pretty worn and wouldn't be against a 16 to get a wider tread.

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #37
This is absolutely something i have thought about and still don't know the best route. Is there a consensus on what is the widest tire size our FiSTs can handle without rub, or what's the best way to fit a wider one? I have read mixed opinions on spacers and i didn't want to cause any damage as it's my daily and only car (wife has her own ride). I currently have stock size Indy 500s and they give hella good grip compared to my past tires but there's still no way im avoiding spin in 2nd gear and even 3rd is starting to give a bit i think. FWIW i have 17" wheels and they are Fifteen52s but they are pretty worn and wouldn't be against a 16 to get a wider tread.
Give me some time, and I will start answering some of those questions myself.

I plan on getting RPF1s 16x8 late winter next year. Slapping on 215/50/r16 and clearancing for those. If it's not too much, I'll step it up to 225. But my wheel and tire choices will be completely based around no spacer, and starting to make room by rolling the fenders, then trimming the fender liner, and then replacing it altogether if it becomes to cut up with a custom piece.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

1. Wider wheels.
2. Wider tires.

What is the G8 getting again (a 'built' LS3, maybe?)??

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #39
What is the G8 getting again (a 'built' LS3, maybe?)??
That's entirely dependent on how we figure out the BCM, as I'd like to make it possible to keep all the stock functionality, heated seats, sunroof, etc etc, right now we've got a LSX with a roots blower and a t56 magnum hooked up and ready to drop in to whatever we'd like. But until we figure out the ECM-TCM-BCM shenanigans, it will languish with the V6 that's slowly tearing itself apart.

If it turns out we cant get the BCM to play nice, the most likely move is going to be picking apart a salvage GT and it's drivetrain in, modify it from there once it's running. At which point that LSX and T56 will be making its home in its second El Camino since we've owned it lol

OP
Raistron

Raistron

Thread Starter #40
Speaking of computer shenanigans, when I slapped the Recaro seats in, the car has decided its been in an accident.
Codes: Module RCM B00A0:68-8B Occupant Classification System
Module OCS B1193 Crash event storage full and locked

Something tells me those recaros came out of a Fiesta that was in an accident, though it appears the air bags are intact.