Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally enthusiasts: trans chaco rally!

MacChumby

Rally racing is definitely my favorite motorsport and I thought I knew pretty much every event except one: The Trans Chaco Rally in Paraguay.

What in God's name is going on here?
What are the builds like for such a punishing event?

If you haven't seen what these cars look like! Whew!

SPhilli911

I was not familiar with this rally, either, until now. Reminds me of the East African Safari Rally. Probably some of the toughest and intense rallies on the planet!

I mean, when you need an exterior cage and a snorkel, you know it's nuts.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
...or one of the rally 'raids' just using actual cars, and shorter stages, instead of trucks/SUVs/'buggies' and most of the day (or night) long stages

The Rally Greece WRC round (Acropolis Rally) was REALLY rough as far as surface/very sharp rocks went, but no, it did NOT require full exoskeleton cages, snorkels, or even just 'roo bars' in front. [wink]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd like to see the intake filtration systems they are using on these things, and how they 'quick clean' or replace them after every stage!! LOL

SPhilli911

The Rally Greece WRC round was REALLY rough as far as surface/very sharp rocks went, but no, it did NOT require full exoskeleton cages, snorkels, or even just 'roo bars' in front. [wink]
It's a shame Greece is off the calendar now. It's also a real shame that the return to Kenya was delayed from this year to 2021. I was really looking forward to seeing WRC there for the first time since 2002. Would have been curious to see if the modern cars would be fitted with snorkels like the old days. I think they would most certainly be fitted with at least a front guard because of wildlife "incidents".

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, the WRC cars which ran that last Safari Rally looked about as close to a 'rally raid' car (in ride height, with front 'roo bars', and with snorkels) as any WRC cars ever have. [wink]

I am wondering just HOW all of the frail aero stuff (diffusers, box flares, canards/dive planes, etc.) on modern day WRC cars will be able to survive a contest like that. LOL