Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ramair OR Green Filter OR K&N Air Filters, Which one is best?

DoomsdayMelody

TemecFist

I even find it quite amusing when tuners actually ask/consider if you have an aftermarket air filter installed or not as a factor in how they actually set up the tune for your FACTORY TURBO car. [histerical]
So what would happen if your car was protuned with an aftermarket filter, and then you changed back to the stock filter? Would there be any negative consequences? I'd like to run my stock filter with my protune, but I'm not sure if it would make things out of whack.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
So what would happen if your car was protuned with an aftermarket filter, and then you changed back to the stock filter? Would there be any negative consequences? I'd like to run my stock filter with my protune, but I'm not sure if it would make things out of whack.
I tuned on a paper filter and swapped to a green filter and saw absolutely zero difference. I wasn't expecting much in terms of power, but I thought maaaaybe that torque/spool time would come in maybe a smidge sooner? Nope.

TemecFist

I tuned on a paper filter and swapped to a green filter and saw absolutely zero difference. I wasn't expecting much in terms of power, but I thought maaaaybe that torque/spool time would come in maybe a smidge sooner? Nope.
I didnt think there would be a difference, maybe in AFR's, but I dont really know honestly. I'll swap the paper filter back in, and have my tuner (JST) take a look.

DoomsdayMelody

I didnt think there would be a difference, maybe in AFR's, but I dont really know honestly. I'll swap the paper filter back in, and have my tuner (JST) take a look.
I would be surprised if anyone saw enough of a difference to warrant a change of tune over an air filter, once that turbo spools it’s gonna suck in as much air as it needs, if your filter is causing enough of a restriction to matter you’d notice the induction hose buckling from the negative pressure that would be generated by the turbine on the turbo not getting a enough air. Fact is that generally speaking filters would only be a measurable restriction on any N/A motor and even then I’d much rather upgrade to a physically larger filter than a more porous one, because those are the only two ways to increase flow through a filter, and only one of them retains filtering efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk