Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ravenol MTF-2 or MTF-3 ???

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
i bought my car in October and now when it gets below 30,1st and 2nd gets really hard to engage and 3rd feels a little notchy but after it warms up it feels fine.Been thinking about the Ravenol and might do it sooner then later.Hopefully its not as bad as the focus st tranny oil I did.That was a disaster as there was no room to put the allen key at the bottom hole.
so easy to do. you don't even need to raise vehicle, but ramps do give you more room.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I do have ramps so much more comfy doing it that way.Installing my Greddy exhaust and cobb rmm tomorrow with a buddy of mine.
This is what I have rigged up. I forget the size of the hose maybe 1/2 inch, but I'm not sure, just regular clear PVC.

The fill plug will be easy to find. It's facing forward on the trans. Make sure you're able to crack that open before you pop open the drain plug, just in case.

The valve is available at any auto parts store which is a standard size for a soda bottle / oil bottle.

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock

green_henry

1000 Post Club
... The fill plug will be easy to find. It's facing forward on the trans. Make sure you're able to crack that open before you pop open the drain plug, just in case.
Good advice! But just get it started and leave it be until most of the fluid has drained -- if you open it too far initially, the fluid will spray your lower suspension o_O

I like that valve, too!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Good advice! But just get it started and leave it be until most of the fluid has drained -- if you open it too far initially, the fluid will spray your lower suspension o_O

I like that valve, too!
Thanks!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does no one use the built in Tube that comes with the bottle?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I haven't tried Ravenol yet. Is its tube long enough to fill from above the engine?
Na...I removed my ST200 Airbox....that is why I used the built in one as I do remember. Takes me about 5 mins. To remove it also....BTW.... I have the tube just like some others have used....you can get them from local parts stores.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Does no one use the built in Tube that comes with the bottle?

I was waiting for you to say something....
I regretted not adding that side note just for you.

I don't like their built-in system, much prefer working from up top, better control, imo

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was waiting for you to say something....
I regretted not adding that side note just for you.

I don't like their built-in system, much prefer working from up top, better control, imo

Funny guy!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
You can buy a funnel like that at a motocross parts dealer. With a valve between the funnel and the tubing.
They sell them at a regular parts stores as well. I just went with the valve only so I can attach my own bottle. Also cuz it's cheaper

Hey I just saw this thread and it's my exact question! I am moving to Montana with my FiST for 3 years. Would I be better suited by the MT-3 then? I was just about to bu
Been running MTF-2 now for 2 seasons in Mn where it gets to -20 to -30 below zero. NO COMPLAINTS....its perfectly fine. It gets upper 90s in the summer also....Best fluid change I've done period.

Hey I just saw this thread and it's my exact question! I am moving to Montana with my FiST for 3 years. Would I be better suited by the MT-3 then? I was just about to buy the MTF-2 before I saw this. Thanks for the help!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey I just saw this thread and it's my exact question! I am moving to Montana with my FiST for 3 years. Would I be better suited by the MT-3 then? I was just about to bu

Hey I just saw this thread and it's my exact question! I am moving to Montana with my FiST for 3 years. Would I be better suited by the MT-3 then? I was just about to buy the MTF-2 before I saw this. Thanks for the help!
Just Buy MTF2! Way better choice!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ramps and a $6 - 26" hose funnel off amazon like THIS to fill from the top is all you need, there's enough room and hose length to not have to remove air box... Tried the pump up method when I did mine, it sucked.. lol.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Normally you'd go with MTF-3 as it's slightly thinner for super cold areas, but that's assuming you drive a FiST in the dead of winter a lot, so depending how deep the snow gets, you may not be driving it much in full blown winter unless you plan on leaving it stock height or higher and using snow tires, etc... But if you plan on driving your low clearance FWD car mostly when it's not full on super cold deep snow winter it shouldn't matter much, just go with MTF-2 for the hard driving in the summer... if you do drive it when it's super cold, just go easy for the first few shifts and let it warm up... Yes, I mention full blown deep snow winter a lot intentionally so you can consider how much you'll actually be driving it then. :)

Ramps and a $6 - 26" hose funnel off amazon like THIS to fill from the top is all you need, there's enough room and hose length to not have to remove air box... Tried the pump up method when I did mine, it sucked.. lol.
That blows. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk