Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rcnut's "build"

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #21
ok, so I got it aligned this week (the local shop was out 2.5 weeks). was still perfect, except for my driver's side was toe'd in pretty bad for some reason (never had it aligned since I bought it this spring, so IDK if it was like that before the Koni's or not). anyway, took care of that and the steering feels wonderful and planted now. Took it on the highway last night, and it is so much better as far as bumps are concerned. didn't feel squirrely at all, even up to 80-85mph.

on a separate note, ordered a whoosh radiator, which I missed by about a week and a half (arg) so looks like I'll be waiting till august sometime for it.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #22
Did the first oil change over the weekend. got mobil1 synthetic as I've used it before and it was on sale. Also did the transmission fluid, with BG syncro shift, magnetic plugs on engine/transmission, cravenspeed dipstick (mine was a PITA to try and read) whoosh spring pads on the rear, and finally put an RMM on (I chose the Vibra-technics). sorry, I forgot to take pics, I had to go to dinner afterwards so I was on a time crunch to get everything done.

while all that was not cheap, it all gets a thumbs up from me. I feel like the transmission with the BG is smooth to shift, feels a little easier to shift. might be a little quieter too, not sure, my trans was never very loud. the dipstick is much easier to read, though note it is metal so I wait until the engine has cooled a little to touch it. RMM is great! the 1st-2nd gear shift doesn't clunk and jerk around like it used to, and idk, the car just feels more connected. I don't know how to describe it.

I'm sure it'll break in, but as it sits it has very little NVH.

on side notes, the radiator is still on backorder (whoosh website says late august). I also picked up a hot side pipe from a member on here for a good price, so I'll put that on in a week or 2 when it comes.

After that, the next thing is gonna be the exhaust. I have a vacation to NC at the end of the month, so it will probably get that ordered when I come back.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #23
Hope you all had a good weekend! I wasn't planning on doing much this past weekend (haha) as it was supposed to storm all weekend....but it actually didn't storm a ton in my specific area. So, I put on an airtec hot side pipe I picked up from a member on here... IMG_5147.JPEG
IMG_5149.JPEG
IMG_5150.JPEG
its a super nice, solid piece of kit. It's also got the reducer built into the pipe at the turbo side, so you can use the stock rubber hose to the turbo.

since I kept forgetting, here's a few photos of the other stuff I've done underneath the car:
IMG_5148.JPEG
IMG_5151.JPEG
motor mount has been on a week, and it already feels like it's settled in a good bit (NVH went down, but it's still tight) it's been about 200 miles I'd say

While I was working on the car, UPS brought these:
IMG_5153.JPEG
IMG_5154.JPEG
there are the retrofits that @TDavis has had for the past few years. If you haven't followed his build, they are stock lights with projectors fitted in from a corolla. they then have LEDs installed (I believe just the turns signals and projectors, the highs look factory) He upgraded to euro lamps, so I was able to grab them off him. And WOW, what a difference! they look so much nicer on the car, too. I found myself not really needing to use high beams much (at least, not on roads I'm familiar with). I'll probably throw some LED bulbs in the high beams as well, just for the sake of consistency.

I plan on putting lamin-x on them to keep them looking nice ( basically a removable film that goes on the lens) but I haven't decided if I want to go clear, or just an ever-so-slight tint. https://lamin-x.com/ford-fiesta-st-14-19-headlightcovers.html or, I might just darken the ambers a little. IDK yet.

IMG_5159.JPEG
IMG_5160.JPEG
IMG_5164.JPEG
IMG_5162.JPEG

IMG_5163.JPEG

In other news, I wasn't GOING to yet, but I said f*ck it and pulled the trigger on a Thermal R&D Catback. So stay tuned for that this weekend......

Last edited:
OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #24
IMG_5182.JPEG
welp, I was going to wait, but long story short last night was the last night I had the chance to use the lift before a month long rebuild project goes on it (not my lift, family friends')

but it just so happens that my Thermal came in yesterday! So I was able to do that last night. wasn't bad, started at 5;30 and was done around 9

Even at only 40k miles, the old exhaust was not the best looking. The studs/nuts that attach the downpipe to the resonator, one stripped and the other snapped at the stud. Sooo, had to get out the cutting torch. It was a PITA, (especially trying to press out the old studs then) but after a lot of heating and cursing, i got them. Luckily I had picked up some bolts and nuts just in case.

the exhaust itself went on very nicely. I made sure to wipe it down, as there was a goot amount of oil and grime on it. overall I'm super happy with it! Quality piece of kit.
IMG_5183.JPEG
IMG_5184.JPEG
IMG_5187.JPEG
IMG_5188.JPEG
IMG_5189.JPEG

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #26
Any thoughts on the whoosh spring pads? Feel, sound or wheel gap changes?
definitely way nicer than stock, noticeably thicker/tougher as well. install isn't hard. I was chasing a noise that I thought could be them (it wasn't). feel didn't change that I've noticed, I didn't measure ride height, but it looks the same. I know the powerflex bushing WILL change ride height, so that is the main reason I went with these.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #27
Ok, been a little bit. did a symposer delete shortly after putting the exhaust on, as the exhaust is loud enough that I don't feel I need it.
IMG_5195.JPEG
went on vacation all last week, but before I decided to check on a few things. I had suspected that on of my rear calipers were sticking, so I pulled it off, and sure enough:
IMG_5205.JPEG
bone dry and real nasty looking. The dealer that I bought the car from in February (and about 5k miles ago) out all new pads and rotors on, but I guess didn't grease the slide pins (boots were fine and not torn) so I got new pins for both rears and put them on, with some hi-temp grease. I got new pins for the fronts as well, but they've been fine so I'll put them on here sometime before winter.

first road trip in the FiST! went down to Wilmington NC to visit friends and go to a wedding (didn't see any other FiSTs, unfortunately :confused: ). Had a great time! 1269 miles total (nice) (including driving around down there). No issues at all, felt great on the highways, and the drive would've SUCKED if I still had the factory dampers. (NC highways down there were not very smooth lol)
IMG_5322.JPEG

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #29
Not surprised they didn't touch the glide pins. There is something to be said for doing it yourself as you get to ensure all the little things are done. Just don't be like me and make things worse half the time!
haha, yea believe me I know. They offered me a free oil change when I bought the car, And I was like "oh yea I'll TOTALLY schedule that sometime"

I worked at a Ford/Toyota dealer for a summer doing oil changes/ tires/ brakes. The techs were great and knew their shit. The other "quick lube" guys, were completely clueless. I would NEVER take my car to a dealer unless it was something super technical/hard to do

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #30
Hey all! It's been awhile...

Haven't done much, as it's been winter here in PA and cold...put on my winter set of wheels and tire, just for it to not even snow one inch all winter.....SMH....

Oh, and this happened:mad: IMG_6205.jpeg
Some lady backed into me in the parking lot of the grocery store about a month and a half ago....had no insurance of course....after fighting my insurance and everything the past month and a half I've given up and I'm just going through the collision of my insurance. I'll have to pay my deductible which sucks, but luckily isn't too much. I'm just more upset that someone doing something so blatantly illegal (no insurance) won't be held accountable for anything. that's scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

In more happier news, this weekend I'm planning on an (overdue) fluid change, as well as putting my good weather tires on; next week my whoosh catted DP will be put on, finishing my exhaust plans, and, on top of all that, I have the first big order from whoosh of the year in the mail, so stay tuned......

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 55051
Some lady backed into me in the parking lot of the grocery store about a month and a half ago....had no insurance of course....after fighting my insurance and everything the past month and a half I've given up and I'm just going through the collision of my insurance. I'll have to pay my deductible which sucks, but luckily isn't too much. I'm just more upset that someone doing something so blatantly illegal (no insurance) won't be held accountable for anything.
They did not take away her license even??

It IS illegal to drive without at least the basic minimum liability insurance in Pa., there have to be consequences, no?!?

In Joyzee, the cops drive around with plate scanners all of the time, and if your tag pops up as having no insurance affiliated with it, they will pull you over and impound your car on the spot, and you will need to go to court with PROOF of currently valid insurance, and pay a hefty fine in order to drive again.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #33
Didn't you call the cops? Sue her!
They did not take away her license even??

It IS illegal to drive without at least the basic minimum liability insurance in Pa., there have to be consequences, no?!?

In Joyzee, the cops drive around with plate scanners all of the time, and if your tag pops up as having no insurance affiliated with it, they will pull you over and impound your car on the spot, and you will need to go to court with PROOF of currently valid insurance, and pay a hefty fine in order to drive again.

Cops told me they won't even come out if there's no injury.....gave them the plate so it's in their court at this point. I've heard nothing tho.
Yes I could prolly sue if I wanted but TBH considering it's a fender bender it's just not worth the time. At this point I'm just tired of looking at it

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So she just walks away from it with no punishment? Not with me she wouldn't. If you got her details I would send a 'nice' letter giving her the chance to pay for the repair.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Same thing happened to me. Uninsured driver was issued a citation, license revoked, and car impounded, but there was nothing I could do to force them to pay aside from filing a lawsuit and litigating in civil court which wasnā€™t worth the trouble for $1,200 in my opinion. The citation, suspension of license, and impound made me feel a little better.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here in Los Angeles, it used to cost $80 to file a suit with the Sheriff's Dept. Well worth it.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #37
Pretty productive week! got my whoosh catted DP installed that I bought back last fall: IMG_6316.jpeg IMG_6333.JPEG And yes, I paid a shop to do it, it pains me (as I usually do everything myself other than allignments) but the lift I used for my exhaust was being used and I just didn't feel like trying it on stands....

Anyway, picked up my car at my local shop and saw this next to it... IMG_6320.JPEG IMG_6319.JPEG

pretty cool, I've never seen an Exocet in person, but I think it would be a TON of fun to build one...

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #38
Then Saturday was intake day. Installed a CPE intake with a dry filter:

IMG_6336.JPEG

(minus the plexiglass cover cause the screws blew away, will get new ones)

Took a while to do, but I'm happy with the fitment. It does fit very snugly in the engine bay tho, not much room for movement. I put some foam on the AC lines back by the turbo, as I saw some people have the intake rub through them. I'm gonna wait to see if it starts rubbing anywhere else and I'll add padding as needed.

I also swapped over to the 14-15' evap harness (I've had a purge valve code and stuttering on fill-up for a month or 2 now). had to sand the finish off of the bung on the intake a little, but good fitment other than that.

Just a PSA: check your intake tubes from the factory! I had some bits of millings that luckily I saw before I installed is and was able to clean them out

IMG_6334.JPEG

With the intake on and DP on, I loaded up my first MAP from Adam at tune+ (been running Cobb stage 1/2 since I got the car) and did my first datalogs after running it a day or it. Geez, 26PSI max boost! car definitely "woke up".

IMG_6335.JPEG

Car is off to the bodyshop tonight, gonna miss it for a few days :(

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #40
Exocet is what I'm building next once my Fiesta goes boom.
that's my plan as well (well, considering the FiST is my daily, would be in addition to the FiST) when/if I ever have a proper shop space to build one.....