Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RE-71R closeout vs Conti DW

Doing a tire rotation yesterday, I realized that my tires are much worse off than I had expected and need a new set now. I had planned on going with the Continental extreme contact dw but came across the RE-71Rs on closeout with a $120 rebate, which puts them at 100$ a tire. 205/45/16s. I'm practically stock with just a flash tune and intercooler and will occasionally run e30, but it's strictly street. I know I'll never use this tire to potential, but is it worth saving an 140$?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...6RE71RXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...45WR6ECS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Re-71r are so sticky. I'm running the same size and they are amazing. Only have a few hundred miles on them so far.

You will get around 10k in the street. Great tire but doesn’t do well in the cold or any sort of in climate weather. They also tram line and dart around if road conditions are poor and aren’t very quiet. They grip like hell though so it’s up to you if you want to daily it

Shit man, if you can afford both, take advantage. That's a GREAT deal on the Bridgestones and they're amazing. I love them and I'll swear by the grip over almost any other tire at or near the price point.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
forevercasual
Thread Starter #11
Great insight guys, I really do appreciate it. Unfortunately at this point, I think I'll stick with the contis as I'd prefer they last me more than a year and the roads around here have been really rough lately. Maybe if I can get my home repairs under control in the next week or two, I'll pick up a set of REs anyway. Thanks everyone!