Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rear camber on fiesta st

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a “safe” way of how to add camber in the rear, i cant find anything online that’s helpful.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I am actually working up a set of camber plates for the rear. They will be available in a few weeks watch for it. They will cost roughly $90 with shipping, They will give you a degree and a half more negative camber over stock. To give you an idea my car lowered has .5 to .8 degrees negative camber. That will mean after installing the plates I will be at 2 degrees to 2.3 degrees negative camber.

I am actually working up a set of camber plates for the rear. They will be available in a few weeks watch for it. They will cost roughly $90 with shipping, They will give you a degree and a half more negative camber over stock. To give you an idea my car lowered has .5 to .8 degrees negative camber. That will mean after installing the plates I will be at 2 degrees to 2.3 degrees negative camber.
I'd love to see someone offering them in the states! I'm rocking the DNA set right now, had to get them shipped from italy. If you need any cad work, or machining advice hit me up. Been a manual machinist for 10 years with solidworks experience.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So good to hear! Looking forward to it!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Sweet!

Some camber bolts up front and this should work real good.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
alex.mk8
Thread Starter #7
how do they work?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
You remove your brake dust shield/backing plate that goes between the hub and spindle, and put the plates in. It changes the camber to the fixed range I mentioned above.
Does it replace the dust shield or do you reinstall the dust shield over the camber plate?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Does it replace the dust shield or do you reinstall the dust shield over the camber plate?
If you want to keep your dust then you have to space the abs sensor accordingly to match the extra thickness. That is why you remove the dust shield/backing plate. Now I can look into working something out for retaining it I have not as of yet and will have to wait till I have some of the product in my hands to figure that out.

Will these play nice with the abs sensors?
They will if you remove the dust shield. Like I mentioned above I can look into a way to make it work with the dust shield as well but I think that might involve adjusting the ABS sensor location.

If you want to keep your dust then you have to space the abs sensor accordingly to match the extra thickness. That is why you remove the dust shield/backing plate. Now I can look into working something out for retaining it I have not as of yet and will have to wait till I have some of the product in my hands to figure that out.
I kept my dust shield with the dna plates with no abs issues yet. I only have about 100 miles but abs and traction control during autocross and everything else works with no issues. Maybe I'm lucky, I've heard that the dna plates can cause issues with abs but I personally have not experienced it. At least not yet. The dna plates taper from roughly 1/8" at the thickest to about .03" at the thinnest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I kept my dust shield with the dna plates with no abs issues yet. I only have about 100 miles but abs and traction control during autocross and everything else works with no issues. Maybe I'm lucky, I've heard that the dna plates can cause issues with abs but I personally have not experienced it. At least not yet. The dna plates taper from roughly 1/8" at the thickest to about .03" at the thinnest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Well I will try it with the dust shield before I put them out on the market.
One thing I do do when bringing products to market is test fit and run the item on a car before even going down the road of selling it. If a prototype has an issue I will take it back and rework it before putting it on the market. It does not matter what it is . That is always the way I did it with my engine and trans mounts for 240sx SR20DET and KA24 both S14 and S13.
My goal is solid reliable performance combined with customer satisfaction.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I haven't looked at the rear dust shields, so apologies in advance if this is crazy...
What if you cut out the center of the dust shield to match the perimeter of the camber plate and then welded the dust shield to the camber plate? The dust shield would be in the original position, right?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I haven't looked at the rear dust shields, so apologies in advance if this is crazy...
What if you cut out the center of the dust shield to match the perimeter of the camber plate and then welded the dust shield to the camber plate? The dust shield would be in the original position, right?
Thats an idea and a bit of work. I am surely not going to do it. It would severely drive up the price of the plates. Lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok guys its time. I have a run ready and I am just looking to either put a set on my car to test to see if it matters if you run the dust shield.... or someone who wants to step up and put them on their car to get the ball rolling so to speak lol.
I will have pics tomorrow afternoon and start some kind of sale thread.

Did you test with the rear dust shields?
I'm interested either way, but I somehow still have the dust shields up front with the V-Maxx brake kit and I'd like to keep them in the rear, too.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk