Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear knuckle torque specs

Ir's a 2 stage sequence. I juste torque them at 25-30 ft/lb. And the shop manual says the bolts are a one time use, I reused them.
1587379709156.png

greybeard

I used 25 N-m like the manual states. But that seems awfully low for something holding on the rear wheel. I'm hoping to find something from a Ford tech confirming this. And I was also a bit confused by the "stages". I tightened-loosened-tightened-loosened-tightened, but I don't know if that's what was meant.

I think the shop manual is saying:

1. torque all to 4 bolts to 25 n.m in sequence per diagram.
2. then loosen all 4 bolts 90deg.
3. then tighten all bolts to 25 n.m again in sequence per diagram.
4. mark all 4 bolts with a pen (as a starting point) and tighten bolts 50deg in sequence per diagram.

This is assuming your using “new“ oem bolts which are torque to yield bolts. Thus the 50 deg. final tightening.

NOTE: if re-using the same bolts (used) then I would not recommend the 50 deg step on used bolts since they have already been stretched and can snap off! With used bolts just torque them 45-50 ft.lb. with blue loctite.