Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Motor Mount

I started this thread to see if anyone has replaced their rear motor mount and how it affects performance.

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #3
I am waiting on the aftermarket to release on for our car, I think its a must!
I think there are already a few out right now, if I'm not mistaken. And no doubt I am installing this...the last thing I want is the goddamn engine banging into the firewall!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I think there are already a few out right now, if I'm not mistaken.
you are mistaken, although Cobb has one coming for march ish. as was told by cobb themselves. cobb told me whatever they have for the focus st they are working on for us.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
you are mistaken, although Cobb has one coming for march ish. as was told by cobb themselves. cobb told me whatever they have for the focus st they are working on for us.
Thats good to know, I will definitely be picking up a Cobb mount as soon as its released!

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #6
Thats good to know, I will definitely be picking up a Cobb mount as soon as its released!
Steeda UK: part no. 555-4029....it's out of the UK but I knew there was one available for the FiST

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Steeda UK: part no. 555-4029....it's out of the UK but I knew there was one available for the FiST
$275 USD [histerical]and thats before shipping? haha, I am going to wait for Cobb, if it is priced any where around what they sell the FoST mount for, its going to be half the price of the Steeda

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #9
Steeda UK: part no. 555-4029 rear motor mount

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
this is true but it is engineered for fiesta, not sure if I would put it into my st. ill wait for one engineered for my exact application. good find though.

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #11
$275 USD [histerical]and thats before shipping? haha, I am going to wait for Cobb, if it is priced any where around what they sell the FoST mount for, its going to be half the price of the Steeda
Yeah, not buying that either...just proving a point...anyway the wait is on

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #12
this is true but it is engineered for fiesta, not sure if I would put it into my st. ill wait for one engineered for my exact application. good find though.
Yes, I saw that it said "compatible" with the MK7...

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #13
So this thread is somewhat premature...maybe it will be relevant someday....see you in Spring

airjor13

2000 Post Club
So this thread is somewhat premature...maybe it will be relevant someday....see you in Spring
No worries man, its going to be nice to have thread to compared the different mounts when they all start coming out! I think cp-e might do one too, probably FSWERKS and a few others but the Cobb one might be the benchmark!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I take comfort in knowing its like a 10 minute job to replace the mount once the car is up in the air! [woot][clap][rockon]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
What puzzles me is that Mountune UK does not seem to think it is needed yet .. or maybe I missed that too.. This will be a EASY mod when it gets release and I too have it on my to do list ...

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
What puzzles me is that Mountune UK does not seem to think it is needed yet .. or maybe I missed that too.. This will be a EASY mod when it gets release and I too have it on my to do list ...
Ya that is strange, maybe they drive their car very gingerly? Lol
I know in stock form, that 1st-2nd gear shift at WOT sounds terrible. I'm waiting with anticipation for Cobbs

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #19
No worries man, its going to be nice to have thread to compared the different mounts when they all start coming out! I think cp-e might do one too, probably FSWERKS and a few others but the Cobb one might be the benchmark!
What I really am concerned with if there is going to be excessive noise or vibration after install and which manufacturer addresses this the best

airjor13

2000 Post Club
What I really am concerned with if there is going to be excessive noise or vibration after install and which manufacturer addresses this the best
The passengers asks "Why is your car shaking so much when your on the power?!" and you respond...."Brah, because RAZEKARRRR....."