Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Rear suspension bushes. The big ones for main beam.

Trader history for METZGER (0)

About 2 months ago I replaced front and rear shocks with the correct OEM ones direct from Ford. Felt pretty good for a while but now it feels like the rear "beam to chassis" bushes are gone.. almost feels like the rear shocks are gone again.. has anyone else experienced what these cars feel like when those bushes fail..?? Car has done just over 96 thousand kilometers and is a 2014 ST3 Fiesta. Almost feels like there's an engine mount gone too, I got the Cobb rear engine mount but the other two have never been changed since brand new..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #3
We have bushes in the rear suspension? What type of shrubbery are they?
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...is-bushings-fiesta-st-2014-2019-free-shipping

The blue ones in the photo are what I installed in my FiST. Stays solid and straight all the time now as I got after shocks and springs installed plus the new powerflex bushes in the front and the front sway bar adjustable end links.. the factory ford bushes are just not good enough IMO. Also screenshots of the ones I installed in the front..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
We have bushes in the rear suspension? What type of shrubbery are they?
Either a voice-to-text fail or that's what they call them on the other side of the pond? 😎

I can't answer the question directly but I did have some newly pressed in polyurethane bushings back-out on a previous vehicle. They were in the front however. (got parts for the rear but was so badly rusted I wouldn't dare touch it) Got some knocking noises due to the metal-on-metal. Handling would vary depending on how the vehicle's weight was biased/shifted. It was similar to having a busted ball joint. Hear any creaking from the rear when you shift the weight of the vehicle around? Visual inspection yield anything? Since this is not a common complaint or service item, there may be some other factor at work with any failures there.