Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Rear trunk Brace

Trader history for TyphoonFiST (6)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is one mod that I felt right away out on the Test beat immediatley into the turn and even changing lanes. The one thing I like about this mod is that it's inside the vehicle away from the elements. The next step will be the strut tower brace in the engine bay. I highly recommend owning a Dremel to cut the rear escucheons for the trunk floor. It also comes in handy for many many other things....if you're into modding like me. Very easy install under an hr....simple hand tools....sockets...ratchets...and recommending a battery powered Dremel.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
This is one mod that I felt right away out on the Test beat immediatley into the turn and even changing lanes. The one thing I like about this mod is that it's inside the vehicle away from the elements. The next step will be the strut tower brace in the engine bay. I highly recommend owning a Dremel to cut the rear escucheons for the trunk floor. It also comes in handy for many many other things....if you're into modding like me. Very easy install under an hr....simple hand tools....sockets...ratchets...and recommending a battery powered Dremel.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Good review, I just installed mine a few days ago as well. I didn't notice such a difference as you, maybe because I already had several other braces on the car. I also had trouble, the right bolt was crossthreaded so once I got it out the final 3/4" of threads were completely sheared off. Putting it back in was a challenge but it's all good now. As for the plastic caps, I used a utility knife and just cut out a rectangle for the brace, nice and clean.

I recommend the front 2-pt brace (or 4 or 6) - that made the most noticeable improvement on my car by far, among all the bracing I did.

Hosted on Fotki