Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Wheel Bearings

Hey, forgive me if this has been discussed, but I have been searching on this forum and others with no luck.

2017 Fiesta ST. At least one rear wheel bearing is starting to hum pretty good.

Looking online, it would appear that the hub and bearing cannot be bought as a unit? It looks like the non-ST models have the whole assembly available, but not the STs. Seems I have to buy the bearing separately and install in the hub.

I was really hoping to not have to screw with pressing the old bearing out and new back in, if possible. Hoping someone here can prove me wrong and post a part number.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
@USMUCL, you are correct.
The FiST rear hub and bearing is NOT sold as a complete unit.
If you don't have a press or do not wish to do this yourself, your local full service auto parts store should be able to do it for not too much money.

OP
U
Thread Starter #3
Crap. Okay, guess I’ll have to do it the hard way. Thank you for the reply.

You’re saying some parts stores will press the new bearings in? Or did you mean auto repair?

I’m at auto parts stores all the time, but never noticed this service ....

OP
U
Thread Starter #4

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Crap. Okay, guess I’ll have to do it the hard way. Thank you for the reply.

You’re saying some parts stores will press the new bearings in? Or did you mean auto repair?

I’m at auto parts stores all the time, but never noticed this service ....
The auto parts stores I am speaking of are "old style" not box stores like Autozone.
Old auto parts stores usally had a machine shop in the back that could do those types of service.
As for the parts, Ford always makes changes during the production of a modle.
I would suggest that you contact a Ford parts supplier so you can provide your VIN to make sure you are getting the correct parts.
The numbers you provided, one is for the front, the other does not cross to a listed FiST part.
I use Tasca Parts at 800-598-1484 (ask for Steve Powell), even if you don't buy from them, you can at least get the correct part numbers.

Rear bearings need to be pressed in. I did this when i switched my bolt pattern.
I did have my local auto parts store (not AZ) press in the new bearing for me for about $15/each.

OP
U
Thread Starter #8
Thanks, guys.

I can't chance that the car would be down for more than a couple hours, which is why I was willing to buy the whole assembly in order to mitigate the chances of having problems.

If I want it to be "bolt in" by the time I go to install, I just need the hub, bearings, and lock ring? All pressed together at that point, of course.

Yes you would need that. I looked into this when i did my swap but it would drive costs up. Pressing a new bearing does not take very long and it only took me a weekend to do all 4 bearings.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That part won't work they just have it listed wrong.
This comes up all the time. Only works on the regular Fiesta. The ST has a different design.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

felopr

That part won't work they just have it listed wrong.
This comes up all the time. Only works on the regular Fiesta. The ST has a different design.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
After further research, looks like you are correct. I will delete my message

So from what I can tell all 4 positions are the same part for the hub assembly? Front left, rear left, front right, rear right? It doesn’t look like there is a difference from front to back.

So from what I can tell all 4 positions are the same part for the hub assembly? Front left, rear left, front right, rear right? It doesn’t look like there is a difference from front to back.
Correct, they are all the same part #

Those that have replaced your wheel bearings: how many miles are you at? Was the wear premature due to something specific?
I put a rear one in at about 47k miles. Autocrossed the car a few times, and also the roads in Maine resemble an offroad course so that probably didn't help.