Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rebuildable core pricing?

Hey guys, I pulled my 2014 145k mile engine and transmission after it munched an input shaft bearing and replaced both with a donor drivetrain from a 22k mile 2015. After about 500 miles I'm now confident enough to let the old parts move on to a new owner, but I have no clue what would be reasonable to ask for a transmission that, while it worked well enough to get the car to the garage, had some exceptionally sparkly fluid when I pulled it and is probably only good as a rebuildable core for someone looking to build themselves a stronger unit, LSD setup, etc. Any thoughts on that? While we're at it, if you have a price in mind for an unmodded 145k mile engine that runs perfectly with all accessories, harness, turbo, belt, etc. by all means throw me a comment as well... lol. I figure if someone has a blown engine and just needs something that is known good to throw in and sell it, it's perfect. I didn't want to put this stuff up in the classifieds with no clue if I was being unreasonable. Previous owner drove it stock, if I didn't have a much younger engine sitting there I'd have kept it in. Thanks! :) c4650df32ba685f6593d23a072cd55dc.jpg

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Your gonna get a comment from the moderators to post pictures of the pieces with forum name, forum and date, as well as move this to the for sale section.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
It's because of the nature of the post. Not because you wouldn't sell it. So you may just wanna go ahead and post this in the for sale section and ask for offers that way.

OP
FiST to death
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, I just figured I have absolutely no idea what to price it at, so I'd ask for advice first. I have to take pictures later on when I get home from work anyway. :)

OP
FiST to death
Thread Starter #6
Thanks, I'll post in the classifieds later on with pics and proofs and all, I appreciate the input! I'll delete this thread when I do. :) I didn't want to ask some insane amount, but I also didn't want to ask way too little.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I'd take the price of new gears, seals, case bolts and input shaft bearing off because all these things seem like their gonna need to be replaced. Case bolts are 1 time use, seals will need to be replaced as added security because of the mileage. It may not be worth selling at this point.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
But one thing I'd do is, open it up. It's not hard to do. And you'll see the condition of the gears and if you need to order new ones or if they'll work.

OP
FiST to death
Thread Starter #9
Yeah, I figured I'd assume everything needs to be replaced and be pleasantly surprised at whatever is intact... lol. I'll buzz it apart and take some pictures later. :)