Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro Installation

I've haven't even found a set yet, unfortunately, that fits my budget or location. It's really annoying.
I bet. I'm sure people aren't just chomping at the bit to sell their upgraded seats.
Any luck with junkyards?
You're in South Florida right?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For us to find a Fiesta ST in a junkyard down here would be a miracle. I've seen a Focus ST once (and I bought the recaros out of that)

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
So I did the install, following the instructions from Krug's PowerPoint. (Undo battery, slide seats forward, undo the back T50 screws, and Visa versa) laid a towel over the back seats and actually took the old seats out and put the new ones in through the back doors instead of the front. Fortunately had help carrying them cause the Recaros are surprisingly heavy. More so than the base seats. Fortunately I didn't need to worry about the swapping the harness since the seats were from a 2017. All I have to worry about now is the airbag light on the dash. I'm going to try and reflash my tune and see if it goes away.

So I did the install, following the instructions from Krug's PowerPoint. (Undo battery, slide seats forward, undo the back T50 screws, and Visa versa) laid a towel over the back seats and actually took the old seats out and put the new ones in through the back doors instead of the front. Fortunately had help carrying them cause the Recaros are surprisingly heavy. More so than the base seats. Fortunately I didn't need to worry about the swapping the harness since the seats were from a 2017. All I have to worry about now is the airbag light on the dash. I'm going to try and reflash my tune and see if it goes away.
Did you retrofit Focus seats? The airbags are swappable if you unskin the seats and move the bags from your Fiesta seats to the Focus recaros.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The airbag system is probably like hey this is different and simply just needs to be reset.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
The airbag system is probably like hey this is different and simply just needs to be reset.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yeah I figured that was the case. I'm going to reflash my tune next time I drive

I had no issues with my airbag light when I did my swap and I dont remember reading about them before now either.

Hope you can get it figured out.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Just finished off the rears today. They were a huge pain in the ass to do. Way harder than the front, especially since I couldn't find any walkthroughs online, and these tiny little clips which were impossible to see.