Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recommendations for an autocross turbo?

Hi everyone,
While the new XS class still doesn't seem to have a PAX number assigned yet, I have been thinking about the possibility of changing to a different turbo for this class.
That being said, I'd like to find something with minimal increase in lag and impacts to transient response, without the added complexity of aux fuel or meth. To complicate things further, we only have crappy 90 octane gas up here. Currently, I am running 225/45R15 Rivals and a Quaife, and it actually hooks up really well. My initial launch at start is the only time I have much wheel spin, so I figure I could use more power.
I'd like to thank you for your input in advance.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would look at the whoosh hybrid turbo and Turbo Technics s280 as your front-runner options. The s280 is spooling fully by 3-3.4K RPM depending on ambient temps for me. I can't say if the whoosh spools quicker but if it does, you may want to go that route. The x37 is always an option but I personally question Pumaspeed reliability. Also not sure if they even sell the x37 brand new anymore.

You can always have your tuner make the torque come in more linear as well to reduce wheel spin in second gear. Hope this is helpful.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have the x47R and it works well for me in autocross. Spool is a bit slower than stock and peak torque a bit higher in rpm. I do have to feather the throttle at points where before I could keep the pedal pinned. Overall I am unconvinced that it is an advantage over OEM for this purpose. The s280 that is out now looks to be a good turbo that looks even better than the x47R with similar spool and peak rpm so if I was in the market now it is what I would probably get.