Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Red Brake Calipers

I'm sorry to hear that you are being given the run-around, my rep has been great, scheduled to take it in Monday to get the brackets put on. Originally got the caliper switched to red, however they didn't swap the brackets to red. They had to order the brackets , though they were on backorder so it took a couple weeks. Maybe you could try contacting Ford Global direct if possible?

Deli

I'm sorry to hear that you are being given the run-around, my rep has been great, scheduled to take it in Monday to get the brackets put on. Originally got the caliper switched to red, however they didn't swap the brackets to red. They had to order the brackets , though they were on backorder so it took a couple weeks. Maybe you could try contacting Ford Global direct if possible?
I'm actually at the dealer today getting an alignment and they suggested trying to write multiple letters and hope they go up the chain. I get that they don't function any different, but I like the way they look and if I paid for them, I shouldn't be told by Ford "deal with it".

I picked up my black Fiesta ST a couple of weeks ago, and speced it with the Ebony wheels. I was surprised to see it DIDN'T have the red calipers and asked the dealer to investigate. After a couple of weeks of prodding, their response is that it depends on the tires it came with. If you have all season tires - like I have - then allegedly you are not supposed to get the red calipers.

That seems bogus to me, and there's no way to confirm/deny this through Ford's vehicle configurator, so how about it - is this Fact or Fiction?

I picked up my black Fiesta ST a couple of weeks ago, and speced it with the Ebony wheels. I was surprised to see it DIDN'T have the red calipers and asked the dealer to investigate. After a couple of weeks of prodding, their response is that it depends on the tires it came with. If you have all season tires - like I have - then allegedly you are not supposed to get the red calipers.

That seems bogus to me, and there's no way to confirm/deny this through Ford's vehicle configurator, so how about it - is this Fact or Fiction?
Just to confirm, you bought a 2016 with the Ebony wheel package correct? If you go to their website, the only way (atleast this is how it was a few months ago) to get the Ebony package was to select the Ebony Wheel and Red Caliper option. I find it strange that yours came with all seasons as I thought the Ebony package was supposed to have Summer rated, though I could be wrong. When you bought your FiST, did you buy it from the dealership, or did you order it through the dealership?

There's only one tire they put on all new Fiesta STs. The Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires. If it's a new car they that's the tires you should have. If those aren't the tires you should have then you should question that. Standard features for the ST list summer tires with no other option for a different tire. The premium ebony wheels are supposed to have red calipers, and the standard grey wheels are supposed to have the unpainted calipers. See screenshot for website proof. They fixed the issue at the factory awhile back unless they got confused again, so you just managed to get a Fiesta that was built before they fixed the issue. Personally if it was a car sitting on the lot I would have asked for that $375 off for the premium wheel option anyway, both wheels come painted, so you're paying $375 for a different color paint and a little bit of paint on the calipers, not a premium paint either like the tri-coat orange is on the exterior. I like the grey better myself, but if I had gotten a 2015 I would have gone with the silver wheels rather than the upcharged grey wheels. You might be better off asking Ford for some money back, because they may be only slightly more likely to do that rather than swap out calipers.

rexdriver85

Here's a picture of a 2016 FiST at the Lehigh Valley Auto show I took a few weeks ago. It's basically like the Philly Auto Show, just much smaller. Ebony wheels with Red painted calipers.

All Season tires = no red calipers (even with ebony wheels)??!?

The All Season vs Summer is an interesting debate. The Ford website clearly only show summer tires, not even an option. But if you spec it from True Car or Edmunds or the like, you'll see that A.S. is an option. In the buying process one dealer had offered me A.S. but another dealer swore blind it wasn't an option. (I live in the NE and wanted AS).

Mine came with Michelin A.S. tires and the Monroney sticker says A.S. tires. It also says Ebony wheels but doesn't explicitly state red calipers which is what the dealer is 'suggesting' now as their get-out of providing red calipers. Hopefully that comes out in the attachments below.

So yes, there appears to be a great deal of confusion and uncertainty around the calipers and tires!

Loving the car though.

Attachments

Deli

I've now reached out 3 seperate times to ford service and each time I'm told that it's a mistake and a check is in the mail to correct the issue. Still have got nothing. I've made me peace that I'm probably out $100. Not sure what else I can do.

This is the first I've even heard of someone getting Michelin All Season tires on a new Fiesta ST...

Deli

This is the first I've even heard of someone getting Michelin All Season tires on a new Fiesta ST...
I got them on mine too and I have to say, they are outstanding. I switched over to them on my previous miata too. They grip like a summer tire but let you go into the cold as well. Just not really made for snow. I wish they'd come in 205/50/16 do I could get a set for my new rims.

OP
M
Thread Starter #53
The worst part of owning a Ford is their dealers. Typically, HE OR SHE IS LYING TO YOU. I heard the same story, became a thorn in their side and got a regional Ford rep involved. Bottom line is the Dealer changed my calipers and brackets plus Ford sent me a letter and a $100 check. If you want to shoot me a PM with your email, I'll send you a PDF copy of the letter from Ford. My case was settled back in December but don't think anything has changed since then.

Out of nowhere yesterday Ford sent me a check for $100 for the lack of red calipers on my ebony wheel optioned FiST. I never bothered to address it with the dealer, so this is kind of a surprise.

Out of nowhere yesterday Ford sent me a check for $100 for the lack of red calipers on my ebony wheel optioned FiST. I never bothered to address it with the dealer, so this is kind of a surprise.
Same here! Thought it was surprising considering I had them swap mine to the red....

I submitted my complaint in February and finally got my check yesterday. Still loving the car, but Ford Service is less than desirable to deal with, so hoping there are no more issues. I wish I could also get the red calipers, but I think I'm going to put the $100 towards an intercooler or bracing. (go fast parts > look fast parts)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I think FoMoCo screwed up on the 16 options. All of the new 16's on the lots around here only have red calipers with the standard wheel. All of the black wheel cars have the silver calipers.
Mine came with the red calipers and ebony wheels from the factory. I didn't special order it, the dealer got it like that. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Ford Community Posts