Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Red Brake Calipers

Just an update, apparently they did get it straightened out. Mine arrived at the dealer today, black wheels, red calipers. So I'd guess if yours is showing up after today, that it will be correct.

OP
M
Thread Starter #24
My dealer is replacing them with the correct red calipers. However, they are on back order, probably because Ford was hoping nobody would notice and is now trying to rebuild depleted parts inventory.

They just realized how much labor is involved in doing it right... Either they paint them, or source what was promised. The Monroney sticker is like an agreement. You are entitled to a remedy if the car did not come equipped as described. They may end up paying you to go away, in which case I would ask a reputable shop how much you'd have to pay them to do the work you're asking for. Don't accept a penny less than that amount.
It certainly is a helluva lot of work. I wanted red calipers for the longest time. Took a whole week to do all 4. One caliper at a time, Used artist brushes with real super stinky 900 degree caliper paint.

Attachments

It certainly is a helluva lot of work. I wanted red calipers for the longest time. Took a whole week to do all 4. One caliper at a time, Used artist brushes with real super stinky 900 degree caliper paint.
Curious... Did you match color? Hard to tell as I'm looking at the pics.
I was thinking the Green Envy calipers would look sweet on a black FiST. I have sort of a red/black theme going, so I wouldn't do it, but I'd like to see someone else do it.

Curious... Did you match color? Hard to tell as I'm looking at the pics.
I was thinking the Green Envy calipers would look sweet on a black FiST. I have sort of a red/black theme going, so I wouldn't do it, but I'd like to see someone else do it.
No, I didn't match it. Just the standard Rustoleum Red.

OP
M
Thread Starter #28
FYI, G2 Caliper paint comes in some Mustang colors. The dealer did finally replace my calipers with red ones.

Dealer replaced mine as well, and I got a letter in the mail the other day with an apology from Ford and a check for $100.

I was wondering about that, had to paint mine with the Duplicolor brush on paint a couple days after I got it home. Couldn't stand the dull silver behind the black wheels. It came out fairly good, and I have more than enough paint for several recoats if I want it smoother and glossier.

I would have done the G2 kit, as it worked great on my '15 GTPP, but couldn't wait for it to be delivered. G2 does make nearly perfect matches for the GT colors, as their orange was the exact shade of Comp Orange:
g2-calipers.jpg

Anybody try using Testor's Model Paint? http://www.dickblick.com/products/testors-enamel-paints/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=01037-4510&gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYb_XrZkF1ayh28v4ALo04ll2BrTgu7SYjfV025clMmbhoCxhHw_wcB Did this a long time ago on my RX7 as it was a pretty popular mod on the forums. Its enamel paint and supposedly holds up quite well, and if it chips or fades its only another $2 for another bottle.

Sorry for any ignorance, but is it that if you got the 17" Ebony wheels, you were also supposed to get the red calipers? I bought mine on 12/28 and have the 17" Ebony wheels and it lists it on my window sticker, but nothing about the red calipers and mine are silver
Thanks,
Nick

OP
M
Thread Starter #34
The red calipers are listed in the description of the ebony wheels upgrade package.

For any of you guys who have had Ford replace the calipers, do you happen to have any sort of paperwork on it? I took mine into the dealer today and they said they will call up Ford monday, and wanted me to try to bring in any information on others getting them replaced. Thanks in advance! -Nick

Showed that to guys at the dealership when I went earlier, just figured if someone had paperwork of it being done it might be easier

OP
M
Thread Starter #38
My letter from Ford Motor Company

Dear Mark

Thank you for your purchase of a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST. We hope you are enjoying your new Ford vehicle.

Ford Motor Company has identified that your 2016 Fiesta ST, VIN XXXXXXXXXX, equipeed with upgraded 17" premium ebony black wheels was built with our standard unpainted calipers instead of red painted calipers.

As a measure of goodwill, Ford is providing you with a check in the amount of $100, which is the cost of the painted calipers option on the 2016 Fiesta ST.

If you have any questions on this matter, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 (Option 4, Option 5).

Signed,

Brian McClary
Brand Manager, Fiesta

My letter from Ford Motor Company

Dear Mark

Thank you for your purchase of a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST. We hope you are enjoying your new Ford vehicle.

Ford Motor Company has identified that your 2016 Fiesta ST, VIN XXXXXXXXXX, equipeed with upgraded 17" premium ebony black wheels was built with our standard unpainted calipers instead of red painted calipers.

As a measure of goodwill, Ford is providing you with a check in the amount of $100, which is the cost of the painted calipers option on the 2016 Fiesta ST.

If you have any questions on this matter, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 (Option 4, Option 5).

Signed,

Brian McClary
Brand Manager, Fiesta
Did you get the check and the red calipers or just the check? How long did the process take to get this figured out? I contacted Ford about 3 weeks ago and they got right back to me admitting the error and that I should be getting an explanation in the mail. I have not seen or heard anything since. I'm also trying to work with my dealer to see if they can just install them free of charge since I was supposed to get them in the first place. They set up an appointment to bring the car in to look at it, but haven't confirmed if they are willing to change out the parts. I'm surprised this process isn't easier since they admitted they were wrong.

Deli

Hey Everyone, I know I'm opening up this thread again, but thought I'd give a quick update. I was in touch with Ford Service about a month ago and they emailed me back about the mistake and that I should be getting an explanation in the mail. I waited a month without any further word and even contacted my dealer who said they haven't heard anything. I decided to give the rep who was emailing with me a call just now and he said that even though they admit that it was build wrong, that the wheels themselves were the actual package of what I paid for and that they feel this is built correctly enough that it does not warrant me getting the red brake calipers or any kind of money to compensate me for the mistake. I'm super disappointed with how I've been treated by [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] and hope I have no further issues with the car as I'm afraid nothing would be honored.