Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Remote Oil Filter Installed

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thought I would share my install pics since I haven't seen anyone else install a remote oil filter.

No need to use one for most builds but when I was planning out my single port aux fuel install I realized what little space I had between my oil filter and my CP-E charge pipe would change after I added the sandwich plate between the TB and the intake manifold. I figured I had 2 choices; either go back to the OEM cold side piping or install a remote oil filter. I wanted to keep my CP-E charge pipe so I ordered a universal remote oil filter kit from Jeg's. Cost was under $50.

It came with some pretty decent quality hardware.

I intended to use rivnuts to mount the filter base and luckily I had the space just above the cold side charge pipe. I made a template for drilling the holes.

And some more pics of the installation.

I went with a FRAM filter because of its higher filtration spec over the Ford 910S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se7eN

I would imagine you are going to have to run more then just the stock amount of oil. As you've added volume to the system with the long hoses and such. I like the idea as I hate the stock location for the filter.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #7
I would imagine you are going to have to run more then just the stock amount of oil. As you've added volume to the system with the long hoses and such. I like the idea as I hate the stock location for the filter.
My guesstimate is that it increases oil volume by about a 1/2 a quart. It should be a little easier to change the filter out plus now I can completely fill the it when installing it. The only thing is if you have a stock air box you will probably have to find a different mounting location. I think the Mountune style air box would be ok.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
The only thing is if you have a stock air box you will probably have to find a different mounting location.
EXACTLY........ I'm gonna look around, but I'm so busy lately, who would be glad to beat me to it and find an alternate location for stock boxer's? (three many weather-dependent home and yard improvement projects before winter) I would run a larger filter too, regardless of brand (dead horse alert?)

AWESOME PICS!

Last edited:
This is genius. I too have the cpe cold side pipe with the hks setup. And also the throttle body spacer. Makes it for a hell of a time to replace the oil filter. Mind sending the direct link for this set up ?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #10
This is genius. I too have the cpe cold side pipe with the hks setup. And also the throttle body spacer. Makes it for a hell of a time to replace the oil filter. Mind sending the direct link for this set up ?
Here's the kit from Jeg's

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/51715/10002/-1

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #12
Does it use the stock filter size?
Yeah, it'll work with the stock filter. You just use the 3/4"-16 adapter that's included with the kit to match the OEM filter threads. You can use the longer FL-400S filter if you have the room.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Which jegs kit did you order? Id love to relocate my filter to a place easier to access.