Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Fiesta st exhaust... Should I cut it?

Okay so tonight I want to install my MBRP exhaust but looking at the videos there seems to be some steps to removing the exhaust like taking the rear springs out and undoing brake lines. I figured if I cut the stock exhaust out I probably don't need to worry about all that. Anyone have any experience with that or any advice? I don't really care about the stock exhaust coming out in one piece, I'm mostly focused on how much less work it would be if I cut it out. Thanks!

Brianmc27

Did you have to remove anything to take the exhaust out or put the new exhaust in? Obviously the new MBRP exhaust comes in pieces
Nope, just remove the 2 bolts on the downpipe (hit them with some PB blaster the night before) and the exhaust hangers, Cut the bitch in the middle and it’ll come right out.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Just cut it where you can clamp it back together if youre going to return to stock at some point.

Okay so tonight I want to install my MBRP exhaust but looking at the videos there seems to be some steps to removing the exhaust like taking the rear springs out and undoing brake lines. I figured if I cut the stock exhaust out I probably don't need to worry about all that. Anyone have any experience with that or any advice? I don't really care about the stock exhaust coming out in one piece, I'm mostly focused on how much less work it would be if I cut it out. Thanks!
I cut mine when I installed my Thermal R&D exhaust