Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Injen and going back to AP Cobb panel?

I'm a full stage 3 and although I love the sound and look of the Injen intake, I can't deal with these +10 intake temps over ambient. Its ridiculously hot under that hood. I'm thinking about going back to the stock airbox and Cobb AP green panel filter that came with AP. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

At interstate speeds... I'm seeing 99-102 intake temps with ambient at 89-91. About a 10-11 degree difference.

rexdriver85

What about the CP-E? It's expensive yes, but it's got solid numbers and data here on the forums.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I did a couple test pulls this morning.

78 degrees intake, 76 ambient 277lbs torque max (within 3 min of initial start-up in morning)
87 degrees intake, 75-76 ambient 267lbs torque max (10 min later after engine warmed up)

The torque number differences within 9 degrees change in engine bay is staggering. You can feel a huge difference in butt dyno as well.

I'm going to swap out the Injen intake and test with stock box Cobb panel filter later today.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That's the price paid for using an SRI.

With that being said, intake temps aren't a *huge* factor in WOT pulls and you should be more concerned with your CAT's. On a WOT pull you should see your intake temp plummet back to at or near ambient almost instantly. You can post datalogs if you want us to look at them.

Also, don't go WOT without your engine being warmed up. That's one of the most strenuous times on your engine to begin with, let alone when oil isn't flowing as well.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
If you do go back to the OEM intake, you should datalog before/after to share what results may/may not exist with the Injen...