Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Rear Bumper

SPhilli911

Anyone have experience removing the rear bumper? Is it difficult?

Since I bought the car (bought new in April 2015), my rear bumper doesn't look like it's on correct. The upper edges stick out under the tail lights, more so on the passenger side, and it's pretty noticeable. I have a feeling the bumper was not put on correct at the factory, as unlikely as it sounds. I'd like to take the bumper off, at least partially, to see if that's the issue.

I'll take pictures after work.

OP
SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Thread Starter #3
Here are some pictures. It may not look like much, but it's very noticeable. It definitely should have been flush from the factory, but it's been like this since I bought it.

Passenger side:

Driver's side:

According to my friend at a local Ford dealership, these types of fitment and alignment issues have been the scourge of the Fiesta and Focus platforms. Your Ford dealer should be willing to assist with correcting these issues.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I too am so pissed off that my FiST does not have the fit and finish of a Lamborghini. lol

Dave

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yeah, it's only a $20k car. You shouldn't expect a decent fit/finish on a brand-new vehicle unless you spent at least twice that. People are too picky when having only spent pocket-change on such a minor purchase.

Also lol.

\sarcasm

OP
SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Thread Starter #8
I too am so pissed off that my FiST does not have the fit and finish of a Lamborghini. lol

Dave
Lamborghini or not, the bumper isnt on the car correct. For a brand new car I think it is perfectly reasonable to be upset about the issue.

Just noticed mine is the same. The gaps on this car are not narrow like my Audi was, but they are even by-and-large. This bumper thing is the only flaw I've seen on mine. I can live with it.

OP
SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Thread Starter #11
Well, if this is a universal Fiesta ST issue, then it doesn't bother me so much. I figured something was wrong with mine.

Definitely a problem with mine too. When I went for an oil change, they told me the body shop would have to deal with that part. I'm also looking for a DIY solution in that case.

Pretty much every Fiesta ST I have seen on our sales lot has this issue around the rear bumper, and I have seen quite a few. Mine seems to match up pretty well, but that's why I bought it!