Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Renault Brembo Swap

Hey all, I started this little project months ago and this week it should finally be installed. Didn’t see anything on the forums about it so I figured I’d make a post.

I’m going to be swapping my OEM brake calipers for Brembos off of a Renault Megane 225. Got the parts used from a guy off Facebook back in March and had them shipped over to Virginia. Took over a month because of Covid, and once they got here brake fluid had leaked causing the paint to bubble and mess up, so off to a local guy for powder coating they went. Unfortunately, in my incompetence taking them apart for powder coating, I messed up most of the seals, so I ordered all new ones as well and rebuilt them. Below are photos of the finished product.

This kit uses front calipers and pads off a Megane 225, but front rotors off of a Focus SVT. They will be paired with a rear SVT conversion kit that I also had powder coated.

Not sure of the weight of the stock front calipers, but I did include a shot of the front caliper along with the mounting bracket on a scale.

Thanks for posting this!

I’m not on FB, or else I’d look on my own - are these common to come across?

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for posting this!

I’m not on FB, or else I’d look on my own - are these common to come across?
Not really. You can buy the parts individually, but pretty much everything has to come from the UK. There’s a few videos on YouTube as well detailing this swap. Look up “fiesta st diy brake” and they’ll come up.

Honestly, now that whoosh released a BBK, that’s probably an easier option. Mine was probably about the same cost after all the extra bits I had to buy but I also got the SVT rears along with it.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for posting, I could never figure out which Renault they were from. You can buy the calipers on rockauto I believe, but I ended up getting Wilwoods instead.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for posting, I could never figure out which Renault they were from. You can buy the calipers on rockauto I believe, but I ended up getting Wilwoods instead.
Yeah, I bought everything all together as I bought it used from a guy in Australia, but he gave me the info on it all so I figured I’d share with everyone. Didn’t realize rockauto had it. I had seen them on eBay though for about 250 a piece.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So did those mounting brackets come with the front calipers?? Id love to do this with some blank 300 mm fronts. Sourcing pads might be a tad difficult though. Definitely going to have to consider this for a brake package. I love mixing oem parts from multiple cars to make a fast car with easy to source parts.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They do not List the Renault Megane on Rockauto...it only goes into the late 80s...FYI. Be better of trolling Uk eBay or a Forum id think.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #12
Oof. Its almost 700 US for the calipers alone before shipping [emoji853].
Where’d you see that? I thought they were listed for 250 each on eBay. I’ve seen conversion brackets as well. I believe they’re listed in the description to the video linked.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #13
So I messed up one of the seals putting in the pistons on the driver side caliper, so the car is sitting for a week till I get the new seal in. Kinda bummed, but it is what it is. Got the passenger side installed though and I will say that with a 17x7.5 40mm offset rota titan, you will need at minimum a 10mm spacer.

SST

Honestly, now that whoosh released a BBK, that’s probably an easier option. Mine was probably about the same cost after all the extra bits I had to buy but I also got the SVT rears along with it.

Did i missed Whoosh release? i check their own section here and can't find anything

PunkST

2000 Post Club
On e
Where’d you see that? I thought they were listed for 250 each on eBay. I’ve seen conversion brackets as well. I believe they’re listed in the description to the video linked.
on ebay. Remember there is a currency conversion that happens. They might be 250 british pounds each.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #17
On e
on ebay. Remember there is a currency conversion that happens. They might be 250 british pounds each.
Unless I’m seeing the wrong one, this is what I was looking at. I’d ask the seller if they could combine shipping and boom. You’d be at like 550USD

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I was looking for a complete set of fronts. Only listing i saw was 700🤷.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #19
I was looking for a complete set of fronts. Only listing i saw was 700[emoji1745].
Ah yeah I gotcha. I just saw this seller selling the two individually. Either way, if you’re in the states the whoosh kit may be easier to get and also easier to get support for. I just got a good deal on mine along with the SVT rears. Also the whoosh wasn’t out or announced when I bought mine.