Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Renault Brembo Swap

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #21
Looking at the lexus ls430 brembos, they look similar for mounting...
If they do work let us know! I shared this thread just to bring more options to the table since I hadn’t seen many people discuss these. Once I get them installed I will update with feedback.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Also maybe porsche boxter fronts?? Ill order the brackets at some point this year so i can start piecing together brakes for next year. ( i want new calipers on all 4 corners. It may be a universal off the shelf brembo brake that gets used. If so that makes finding pads way easier.

SST

actually OP, are your brackets from the Renault factory setup? or need to be purchase separately?

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #25
actually OP, are your brackets from the Renault factory setup? or need to be purchase separately?
I am not positive as I bought the kit used, but if you look at the link to the video I posted the person who posted that video linked some brackets.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Brackets are aftermarket. We know they fit megane calipers. Certain boxster brembos look like they might bolt up the same. Hasnt been tested yet however.

Most of the OE Brembos won't work on the ST. Gotta do the math, piston area has to be pretty close or pedal will go to the floor. Handicap on the ST is we're starting with a single piston, any 4 pot swap has to have very small pistons to work. Looked into this a bit myself with calipers readily sourced in US, easy part is 300mm Focus SVT front calipers rotors are bolt-on. Other things to consider are orientation (can't swap sides with calipers) and hose connection. I've pretty much decided easiest/cheapest route would be to just fab spacers for factory front calipers, no Brembo bling but greater thermal mass and diameter and perfect match for SVT rears.

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id only be worried if youre trying to fit a 6 pot setup.
Grabbing brembos from a car that weighs close to the same shouldnt be a huge concern.

Looked into this a bit myself with calipers readily sourced in US, easy part is 300mm Focus SVT front calipers are bolt-on.
Very interesting. Can you share more info on the installation method of Focus SVT calipers on Fiesta ST knuckles?

Thanks!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Idk where he got that misinformation. The spacing up front doesn't line up for the mounting ears on the knuckle compared to the caliper last i heard ( though if you have pics proving it does 100% bolt up that would be Making real headway in the big brake dept). I know the caliper bracket for the rears is a bolt on affair while re using our factory caliper.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #32
Finished the install today and drove the car around. Feels absolutely awesome. The car stops wonderfully and this was definitely worthwhile since I had to change my pads and rotors out anyway.

Only issue I have now is that I’m getting a good bit of rub in the front over bumps. This is due to the 10mm spacers along with my 17x7.5 +40 rota titans. Going to look into possibly rolling fenders or using some whiteline camber bolts to help clear them.

Last edited:

SST

Nice, thanks for the update. What about the brake hose? are they from the Renualt or just regular ones off a Fiesta?

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #35
Nice, thanks for the update. What about the brake hose? are they from the Renualt or just regular ones off a Fiesta?
The end that connects to the calipers is a banjo fitting. I’m not sure if the stock one would work as I bought the kit with stainless steel HEL lines included.

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #36
Just installed my whiteline camber bolts and it completely fixed my rub issues. Has anyone else had experience with the camber bolts? I assume it’s normal for it to feel a bit more wobbly with an extra degree and a half of negative camber? The ride also feels a little rougher, but not sure if that’s just my imagination or not.

Just installed my whiteline camber bolts and it completely fixed my rub issues. Has anyone else had experience with the camber bolts? I assume it’s normal for it to feel a bit more wobbly with an extra degree and a half of negative camber? The ride also feels a little rougher, but not sure if that’s just my imagination or not.
Did you get it aligned afterwards? Toe may be out of whack which could make it more wobbly

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #38
Did you get it aligned afterwards? Toe may be out of whack which could make it more wobbly
Not yet. Literally just finished doing the bolts today. I’ll probably take it for an alignment Wednesday.

Anyone know if firestone is an alright place to take it or will they not wanna touch it cause of the camber bolts?

Not yet. Literally just finished doing the bolts today. I’ll probably take it for an alignment Wednesday.

Anyone know if firestone is an alright place to take it or will they not wanna touch it cause of the camber bolts?
Depends on the location. I know one Firestone that's amazing, and one of the best shops around, I know some that are good to go to for things like alignments, but I also know a few other locations that are complete trash

OP
MattM
Thread Starter #40
Probably my last post on here unless someone has questions.

Fixed my rubbing issues caused by the spacers. Ended up cutting the fender-bumper mounting tab a bit. Cut the bottom bolt out and tried filing it down. Doesn’t look 100% so maybe I’ll go in with a power tool later and clean it up more. This is in addition to using camber bolts and rolling the fenders slightly. Got an alignment yesterday and it shows the camber bolts definitely had thrown the toe off quite a bit. Car feels 100% great now though and I’m very glad to have gone through this brake upgrade.