Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Retrofitting Services?

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #21
What about the Morimoto Mini HB LED? Looks like it's smaller than the 4TLR? How about for the high beam at least where you really want "instant on"? Of course, the high beam is exactly the same H1 reflector on both US and Euro, just not sure how much room exactly...
Thats a hi beam only projector. Its would not suitable for daily driving and your apt to blind people.
Its meant to go into the hi beam slot.

So basically what we would be looking at, and this is for parts cost alone, no including labor which can vary based on actual needs or customer wants.

Acme Standard $155, which would include the relay harness, Acme Superstart Ballast and B stock bullet shroud (may have factory blemishes) and the acme bulbs from 4300k to 6k. These have a 6 month factory warranty on projectors and 1 year on the ballast.

Acme Super $185 which include the Acme superstars ballasts and B stock shroud, and acme bulbs 4300k-6k. These have a higher quality control, but are essentially the same as above. These will have slight better output and less changes of factory defects or issues down the road.

Morimito Mini H1 8.0., These would be the premium option. Personally run by myself and have an outstanding warranty of 3 year on the projector. I would pair this with Hylux ballasts with a 3 year warranty and the bulb options are greater. Cost would be $230.

After looking into the DDM Tuning stuff, I do not know the specs on their shrouds, nor have I worked with their products, so I probably would shy away from them. The acme would be similar quality and easier for me too obtain and work with.

Labor costs would include opening and sealing the lenses, wiring harness for use of factory hi beams if you wished, additional cost for painting the housings, specific colors or factory matched with paint code. I have a local store that can paint match over 500,000 colors. I am sure they can get yours right.

Labor would further depend on OEM or an aftermarket set.

I could start a possible group buy of say first 3 sets at a lower labor rate to get the ball rolling and hash out any issues.
Will you be providing any warranty on labor,like water condensation ?

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #23
Will you be providing any warranty on labor,like water condensation ?
Im confident they will be properly sealed. I would work with any individual who has any issues to best of my ability. Water condensation I know is the biggest worry of most that would have this done. Ive run my personal set for almost a year now and haven't had any issues.
They would be test fitted on my own personal vehicle and aligned and adjusted before shipping. The idea would be to make it as plug and play as possible, outside wiring the relay harness and placing the ballasts.

I would create a guide to show the steps. I have a partial guide on my build page. But is not complete.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #24
i ma start looking for a usdm spare set so I can ship out a set to you.lol
Ebay would be the best route,. You could save the initial shipping cost by having them drop shipped to me. You can find aftermarket OEM replicas from $160 and up. OEM ones can be found in pairs or separate. Broken tabs are OK as I can repair them them fairly well due to the design.

Ebay would be the best route,. You could save the initial shipping cost by having them drop shipped to me. You can find aftermarket OEM replicas from $160 and up. OEM ones can be found in pairs or separate. Broken tabs are OK as I can repair them them fairly well due to the design.
The only thing i am worried about is the fitment of Ebay lights.But will check them out

Im confident they will be properly sealed. I would work with any individual who has any issues to best of my ability. Water condensation I know is the biggest worry of most that would have this done. Ive run my personal set for almost a year now and haven't had any issues.
They would be test fitted on my own personal vehicle and aligned and adjusted before shipping. The idea would be to make it as plug and play as possible, outside wiring the relay harness and placing the ballasts.

I would create a guide to show the steps. I have a partial guide on my build page. But is not complete.
Awesome.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
$160, as in a pair, even, they really are cheap... TYC and Depo are decent replica brands

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #28
The only thing i am worried about is the fitment of Ebay lights.But will check them out
I wouldn't worry about that. The Ebay lights are DEPO that I have seen and would recommend. Many users have had the DEPO euro and have liked the quality and are used by most insurance companies as approved replacements. Any actual issues you'd have with them would be technically removed as you'll not be using the majority of the headlights anyway due to me putting a projector in it. Im sure fitment would be fine, any issues could be addressed beforehand by the manufacturer.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You have to realize we are talking replicas, not rando brand cheap aftermarket. Replicas are exact OEM size just at a cheaper cost since OEM can be so expensive and get them in like TYC and Depo very established brands instead, quality is usually 95%+ as good

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thats a hi beam only projector. Its would not suitable for daily driving and your apt to blind people.
Its meant to go into the hi beam slot.
That's exactly what I was saying, as people should get LED for high beams for instant on flashing, etc. sorry, didn't mean to imply for low beam at all and some of us are considering going with a retro for high beam. :)

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #31
That's exactly what I was saying, as people should get LED for high beams for instant on flashing, etc. sorry, didn't mean to imply for low beam at all and some of us are considering going with a retro for high beam. :)
I ran the Profile LED in the hi beam in another retrofit I did and it was outstanding output. You could drive on them alone. I would think that would be a great addition.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well thanks so much for all your info, I think more people should look at these kind of services, especially if they don't want to have to order illegal Euro's from overseas, I actually have a hard time understanding how people will drop like $5k+ into their car and still have stock headlights. Funny, they will have BT upgrade and all these appearance mods and the shitty reflectors is the first thing I notice, LOL.

Last edited:
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #33
Well thanks so much for all your info, I think more people should look at these kind of services, especially if they don't want to have to order illegal Euro's from overseas, I actually have a hard time understanding how people will drop like $5k+ into their car and still have stock headlights, TBH...
I hope people will utilize my services also. I will post in the for sale group and see how this goes.

Well, the shipping cost to my country it takes 15% of the total amount with my local fowarder in Doral City, Miami or sometimes less, depends mainly of the weight.

I was thinking match those DTMoto HeadLights which I do not the quality plus the DDM projectors that you were talking. The hardware cost aprox. $250/$260.

How much it will cost to retrofit the units? I have seen in Youtube that a user retrofit it with an amazons units that cost like $35 or something like that...take a look..

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #38
What that guy did was cut open the headlamps. It’s another method though normally not recommended without specific tools. You have to use a sonic cutter and have a very steady hand. It can be quite tricky to put back together properly and effectively.
I do not have the tools to do that method nor have I tried it.

After looking into those projectors I do not think it would be an improvement nor worth the cost to retrofit. It doesn’t appear to come with everything you’d need for the $25. I think you’d still neeed buy other parts.

What that guy did was cut open the headlamps. It’s another method though normally not recommended without specific tools. You have to use a sonic cutter and have a very steady hand. It can be quite tricky to put back together properly and effectively.
I do not have the tools to do that method nor have I tried it.

After looking into those projectors I do not think it would be an improvement nor worth the cost to retrofit. It doesn’t appear to come with everything you’d need for the $25. I think you’d still neeed buy other parts.
I agree on the cutting part,As someone had done that on my Fost and that thing took a shit within 6 months.