Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rev hang removal by disconnecting clutch sensor?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
That doesn't make sense to me. That switch usually to do with making sure the clutch pedal is pushed in while starting the car and/or turning off the cruise control when the clutch pedal is pushed in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Best way to remove rev hang is to go with a lightweight single mass flywheel.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Actually you can. But it requires older tech. Cable driven throttle bodies and lightweight flywheels.

Its either that or asking your tuner to adjust the sensitivity of the throttle in your tune, and lightweight flywheels.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Again. That actually can be worked around and remedied. Its all values and percents in a table for the throttle body's position relating to how far you push the pedal down.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The hang has to do with emissions. It's on every vehicle and doesn't bother me. I tested between 300-400 vehicles per year when I tested vehicles for Motor Trend magazine and I learned to adapt to many different vehicles weird characteristics so nothing bothers me. I just work around it. It's not that big a deal. I mean in a street driven vehicle does it even matter? Even on the track it wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Is the explanation/justification for it that it is to reduce the NOx levels somewhat?
Watch the Engineering Explained video I posted above. He'll tell you way more about why they do it than you'd ever want to know. The only thing he leaves out is that they put dashpots on carburetors to do the same thing before fuel injection was on every car.