Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

REVIEW: Active Shift Design Pedal Spacer

Does anyone know if these work in right hand drive cars? I have been wanting something like this for a while

iso100

1000 Post Club
Razor I finally received the 3d printed prototype from GarageLine today. I hope to install it this weekend.

I requested 30mm of lift and there's an adjustable 20-30mm leftward movement available.

Does anyone know if these work in right hand drive cars? I have been wanting something like this for a while
It should. AFAIK the accelerator is the same. You can check yourself. It literally unplugs and un-bolts. There's no cable. It's fully electronic.

JAD

Razor I finally received the 3d printed prototype from GarageLine today. I hope to install it this weekend.

I requested 30mm of lift and there's an adjustable 20-30mm leftward movement available.
It's odd to me that the product is still a prototype, and yet is for sale... No wonder they didn't reply when we were trying to order it from Canada....
Anyways, please let me know how it fits and such after the installation!

iso100

1000 Post Club
It's odd to me that the product is still a prototype, and yet is for sale... No wonder they didn't reply when we were trying to order it from Canada....
Anyways, please let me know how it fits and such after the installation!
Will do. I think the issue is that they thought the pedal was similar across Focus / Fiesta. They had a Fiesta pedal in house but no actual vehicle to test mount it. They modified the Focus design, accommodated the hole pattern found in the pedal they had but ultimately the two cars were different enough that only a real test-fit on a vehicle could do the trick.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Good so far. I need to move it more left I think. I'm having a hard time coming up with a situation where I need to brake that hard. I have snows on right now so diving into a 90 degree turn at 80mph and needing to brake that hard isn't common.

As of right now the pedals are about even. At slow speeds the pads are too grabby to heel toe smoothly. I can only do it when really braking hard as hell and I don't want to trash my snow tires.

JAD

Good so far. I need to move it more left I think. I'm having a hard time coming up with a situation where I need to brake that hard. I have snows on right now so diving into a 90 degree turn at 80mph and needing to brake that hard isn't common.

As of right now the pedals are about even. At slow speeds the pads are too grabby to heel toe smoothly. I can only do it when really braking hard as hell and I don't want to trash my snow tires.
That's a good news to hear.

I guess the prototype you have is this one: http://www.garageline.com/303-garageline-2013-fiesta-st-accellerator-pedal-mount-.html

For the spacer to be ideal for normal driving, would 15 to 25mm of lift and 30-40mm leftward movement be sufficient?

Also will Garageline adjust the production type according to your suggestions?

iso100

1000 Post Club
No. That's pretty much their Focus part modified to fit the bolt pattern of the Fiesta pedal. Problem is they never had (before me) someone to bring them an actual Fiesta ST to do test fittings on so it doesn't fit. What I'm testing is completely different.

For the spacer to be ideal for normal driving, would 15 to 25mm of lift and 30-40mm leftward movement be sufficient?
I think 25mm-30mm of lift is about perfect. They're pretty close to level at that point but you should get used to foot position and not end up pushing both by accident.

30-40mm left is way to far. I'm at 20mm left now and may go to 30 for another round of testing (it's slotted) but any farther and the pedals will be within an inch of eachother.

Also will Garageline adjust the production type according to your suggestions?
Yes. My input is going into the 3D models that will become billet aluminum parts. Right now I'm testing on a semi-rigid 3d printed version.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm hoping for a decent ~25mm spacer to be released....current ones on the market are way too high IMO...

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
What's your heel toe technique? Heel for gas or heel for brake?
Id say I use more of a rotational foot movement using more of the ball of my foot rather than an overly pronounced heel to toe movement...And as such when rotating the foot over from the accelerator to brake the foot naturally wants to raise and as such having the accelerator and brake pedal on the same horizontal plane is not as efficient for me than having the accelerator plate slightly lower than the brake... That said I find the stock accelerator plate too low and would love to see it raised 20~25mm max...

JAD

Id say I use more of a rotational foot movement using more of the ball of my foot rather than an overly pronounced heel to toe movement...And as such when rotating the foot over from the accelerator to brake the foot naturally wants to raise and as such having the accelerator and brake pedal on the same horizontal plane is not as efficient for me than having the accelerator plate slightly lower than the brake... That said I find the stock accelerator plate too low and would love to see it raised 20~25mm max...
Same here, I am used to rotating my foot rather than the true heel-toe technique. That is why the throttle is bit too low and too right for me to execute a perfect downshift.

Hopefully the final product will be ready soon.

STdave

iso100, it seems like the production pedal spacer is available on garageline's website. I would like to ask if the leftward adjustments are secure, not sliding around in the channels of the spacer. Thank you.

iso100

1000 Post Club
iso100, it seems like the production pedal spacer is available on garageline's website. I would like to ask if the leftward adjustments are secure, not sliding around in the channels of the spacer. Thank you.
Perfectly secure. The spacer is burly CNC aluminum.