Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

REVIEW: Active Shift Design Pedal Spacer

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
And now for those of that bought the prototype and helped sell the product.
How much is the new production part?

Dave

iso100

1000 Post Club
So, FULL price, not even a thank you.
I was just quoting the selling price on their site. I'm not an employee so I can't comment on what kind of deal you may get. Contact Jermaine.

iso100

1000 Post Club
So what are the final specs for this product? (i.e. how much does it raise the pedal vertically/laterally?) I checked out their website:
http://www.garageline.com/303-garageline-2013-fiesta-st-accellerator-pedal-mount-.html
But it really doesn't say much.
It's a 30mm lift (which still places the bottom part of the gas pedal below the other two in the vertical plane) and between 15mm to 30mm adjustable leftward shift.

STdave

Thank you for the clear pictures. They explained it, the bottom bolts won't become loose once tightened. I just hope they offer a group buy or free shipping on the spacers, hehe.

I just ordered mine yesterday. Nick and Jurrian both recommended this to me. I hadn't really noticed the off pedal spacing until I was in stop and go traffic yesterday. Made heel-toe maneuvers nearly impossible and was very uncomfortable to drive the car. I can't wait to get this thing installed. I think it's going to be a must have much like the RMM.

OP
aballphoto
Thread Starter #69
Long Term update:

After driving with this for over 4,000 miles I wanted to post a quick update.

The spacer is too thick. It is a definite improvement over stock, but it's too thick. It could be 1/2 or 3/4" thick and be perfect actually. Some might like it how it is, but I find myself having to work to avoid hitting the gas while I'm braking. In fact instead of rolling my foot over to hit the gas, I have to roll my foot off the brake while braking and then roll it over to blip and downshift. And thats just well... backwards.

Anyone else have some long term thoughts?

EDIT

What is this new product? I buy this plastic one that is too big, we run a 7 page thread and they release a new one that is exactly what I'm looking for? As someone else said, what about those that bought the plastic one?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Long Term update:

The spacer is too thick. It is a definite improvement over stock, but it's too thick. It could be 1/2 or 3/4" thick and be perfect actually. Some might like it how it is, but I find myself having to work to avoid hitting the gas while I'm braking. In fact instead of rolling my foot over to hit the gas, I have to roll my foot off the brake while braking and then roll it over to blip and downshift. And thats just well... backwards.

EDIT

What is this new product? I buy this plastic one that is too big, we run a 7 page thread and they release a new one that is exactly what I'm looking for? As someone else said, what about those that bought the plastic one?
I just bought the second batch from no pistons. It's 3/8 thick compared to his first batch that was 1/2 I think.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I just bought the second batch from no pistons. It's 3/8 thick compared to his first batch that was 1/2 I think.
His first batch was only 1/4"...I've had No-Piston's new 3/8" spacer installed for quite some time now before he recently released it and surprisingly it made more of a difference than I expected it to and suits my driving style quite well...Personally I don't think I'd want any more than a 1/2" spacer...IMO those other spacers available are way too high...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
His first batch was only 1/4"...I've had No-Piston's new 3/8" spacer installed for quite some time now before he recently released it and surprisingly it made more of a difference than I expected it to and suits my driving style quite well...Personally I don't think I'd want any more than a 1/2" spacer...IMO those other spacers available are way to high...
That's what I meant. I knew it had a one in it. I'm hoping the 3/8 works perfectly for me also. Seems like a happy medium.

I have ordered the Mod Bargains lift spacer not just for better heel-toe but also because when commuting I have had a problem with the sole of my shoe catching on the back of the brake pedal when transitioning. I have access to machine shop, if after installing the spacer I find it moves the pedal to far forward can this part be modified?

no-pistons

I have ordered the Mod Bargains lift spacer not just for better heel-toe but also because when commuting I have had a problem with the sole of my shoe catching on the back of the brake pedal when transitioning. I have access to machine shop, if after installing the spacer I find it moves the pedal to far forward can this part be modified?
Seems like if you machine down the spacer, you will not only need to cut the coupling nuts but also remove the mounting base and shorten the mounting studs.

Thanks, I see how it attaches now, it would be hard to make it thinner unless you went down to ? inch and use the existing studs. Iā€™m sure it will be fine the way it is.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Long Term update:

EDIT

You could file the spacer down. Secure it in a vise or on a non moving surface and use a fine file or a sand paper block and take a little off until it is what you want. Even apply a quick coat of paint. A true custom mod.

I got rid of mine for the same height issue. I got no pistons spacers. I just got the new revision in the mail and will install this weekend

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I got rid of mine for the same height issue. I got no pistons spacers. I just got the new revision in the mail and will install this weekend
Would like to hear your impressions, as I just ordered their second revisions and should be getting it shortly.

I posted about his rev1 spacer in another thread, but this should fit better since i wanted a little more height.