Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

REVIEW: budget LEDs low beam and reverse lights

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I’m thinking I should aim the lights down an inch or two (@25’). No, I haven’t been flashed yet....maybe I’m just paranoid. These things are ridiculously bright compared to stock.
What matters is that you don't get too much glare over the cutoff and you can tell that with the TechMax that they don't glare over the cutoff too badly at all, like in Jeff's pics earlier. They are the about as bright as you can go without too much glare.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m thinking I should aim the lights down an inch or two (@25’). No, I haven’t been flashed yet....maybe I’m just paranoid. These things are ridiculously bright compared to stock.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

How are these lights working, a few miles down the road? Anyone?

Leds in reflector housings are generally a bad idea, let alone “budget” leds. I carry a few brands that are *acceptable in reflector housing and do well but they are not a budget led.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46

...no problems at all, in fact all this time later I continue to be impressed with how great these are at night.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
...no problems at all, in fact all this time later I continue to be impressed with how great these are at night.
Just got 'em in. Wasn't hard, thanks to your video on removing the headlights. I'll give them a test run tonight.
Thanks for all the info!

I also replaced the back up lights with the bigger ones on the previous page. Wow! They are bright! When I back up, the whole neighborhood's going to know it.
I tried to use one of the old back up lights on the overhead interior light. It was too big to fit, but I stuck some foil in the housing and the center light is a little brighter now.
The other one went into the trunk light, and it's considerably brighter, too.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Just got 'em in. Wasn't hard, thanks to your video on removing the headlights. I'll give them a test run tonight.
Thanks for all the info!

I also replaced the back up lights with the bigger ones on the previous page. Wow! They are bright! When I back up, the whole neighborhood's going to know it.
I tried to use one of the old back up lights on the overhead interior light. It was too big to fit, but I stuck some foil in the housing and the center light is a little brighter now.
The other one went into the trunk light, and it's considerably brighter, too.
That is wonderful. You are really going to enjoy these headlight bulbs. So glad the video helped!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, took it out, and I couldn't be more pleased. Drove past lots of cars and never got flashed. Nice, white light that illuminates farther and better than stock.

Now I have to make all the other lights white to match. What do people use for the high beams and the fogs?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
Well, took it out, and I couldn't be more pleased. Drove past lots of cars and never got flashed. Nice, white light that illuminates farther and better than stock.

Now I have to make all the other lights white to match. What do people use for the high beams and the fogs?
I never upgraded the high beams....but I'm interested in suggestions. I added some pricey fog lights ($159) which was a complete waste of money. See my sig for brand/info. That was back in the day when I just wasted money to put anything on my car.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Hey Jeff so you have to pull the headlight to put the new led bulbs or can you just replace the bulbs with everything in place?
Honestly it's been so long and I've installed so many parts on so many cars in the last few years (like, 100s) I don't remember....in post #1 I said it was quick but I did mention headlight removal so I'm gonna suggest I removed the headlight to make it easier/have more room. In any case the headlights come out in about 30 seconds, I've done it so many times, so it's an easy job. Make sure you look at my video on headlight removal/install, it makes it way less frustrating.

Honestly it's been so long and I've installed so many parts on so many cars in the last few years (like, 100s) I don't remember....in post #1 I said it was quick but I did mention headlight removal so I'm gonna suggest I removed the headlight to make it easier/have more room. In any case the headlights come out in about 30 seconds, I've done it so many times, so it's an easy job. Make sure you look at my video on headlight removal/install, it makes it way less frustrating.
Sorry I didn't look when the post started I thought it was something new now I see this was a year old :( well at least I know the bulbs still work and your happy with them. :)

Magnetic

Did anyone else notice the hum inside the car after these bulbs were installed? I can heard it in my car. Assuring to know both fans are running but have to set my volume to 4 (when the car is off) to drone it out.

I just installed them a few minutes ago.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I can't hear it in my car. I can hear the rear blinker fans, but that's it.

Magnetic

Did you put the caps on?

Yes I put the 75MM dome caps from amazon. They're on their snug too. I might just have to put some rubber insulator between the headlights and the mounting points on both sides like a shim. They're on their tight and I think the hum is from that tightness or something.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My Stock Caps fit just fine with Techmax gen 1 style LED lights when I used them.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magnetic

My Stock Caps fit just fine with Techmax gen 1 style LED lights when I used them.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I didnt want to cut the edge like Jeff had to in order to fit the left side. I was also paranoid the fan would get caught and melt the headlight housing. LoL Plus they look cool. haha