Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Review/Install of NAV-TV Backup Camera.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Did you guys ask about the FiST to be sure it would work as the listing specifically states it works with the 8" screen?

A question that was asked by a customer and the answer says if it has the 8".

Maybe it is just the camera that is different?

I am waiting to see how this works out as well.

Sorry your back has been acting up, I have had far more than my share of back pain, not fun in the least, glad you are getting better.

Rick

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] I know this is an older post. Just wanted to check in if the nav-tv software for the back-up camera is still working as advertised after sync updates.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #44
[MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] I know this is an older post. Just wanted to check in if the nav-tv software for the back-up camera is still working as advertised after sync updates.
Yes,
It works perfectly.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Damn!
I have been wanting a back up camera at a decent price that works really well, seems this is the absolute best way to go but I have spent a few more thousand on the car lately and still have a few things to order.....when you get this installed and it works right I will just have to bite the bullet and get one as well since I now use the car on the street quite a bit it is a must have form me.
The price is much better now, Dave paid a bunch to test this out, thanks for doing so, hope this way of doing it works as well!

Rick

The 25OFF promotion is back on at autotoys ... too bad it doesn't apply to international shipping and cost an additional $65 shipped to Canada

I was considering going with the MyTouch 2 LockPick. I am going to add a sub as well and like the idea of using it for line level out vs tapping a speaker wire. I emailed coastaltech support and they indicated my 2015 was supported. But the above referenced deal at autotoys seems pretty solid as well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I was considering going with the MyTouch 2 LockPick. I am going to add a sub as well and like the idea of using it for line level out vs tapping a speaker wire. I emailed coastaltech support and they indicated my 2015 was supported. But the above referenced deal at autotoys seems pretty solid as well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Ok somebody other than Dave get one installed!!! I don't mind doing this but getting it to Canada is a PITA so want to see it work one more time before I commit. Either option look good to me.

I attempted it with the ntv-kit 456 I bought from [MENTION=411]westcoaST[/MENTION] with no luck. I wired it up and plugged in the programmer and got nothing on the screen. I'm assuming this is because mine is a 2015 and the nav-kit says 13-14 but I'm going to call them on Monday to see if I did anything wrong.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I attempted it with the ntv-kit 456 I bought from [MENTION=411]westcoaST[/MENTION] with no luck. I wired it up and plugged in the programmer and got nothing on the screen. I'm assuming this is because mine is a 2015 and the nav-kit says 13-14 but I'm going to call them on Monday to see if I did anything wrong.
13-15 are all the same. Sure the camera works? Does the screen change when you place the car in reverse?

I installed the wiring harness and temporarily wired in the camera just in the cab. The LED lights on my camera worked. I went to plug in the programmer and nothing happened. No black screen. No booting screen. Got a green light on the programmer box for about 3 seconds but only if the car was on and running and even then still nothing on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I installed the wiring harness and temporarily wired in the camera just in the cab. The LED lights on my camera worked. I went to plug in the programmer and nothing happened. No black screen. No booting screen. Got a green light on the programmer box for about 3 seconds but only if the car was on and running and even then still nothing on the screen.

Well the instruction says once the harness is installed start the car and the screen should be a normal screen. Are you getting this? Then, with car on, connect the programmer. Curious if you have a tune? Maybe it needs to be factory map (i doubt it).

Link to the instructions
https://navtv.com/media/products_file/2015/01/12/My_Ford_Touch_CAM_rB9.pdf

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Also read this part of the instructions

NOTE: BEFORE THE MYFORD TOUCH PROGRAMMER CAN BE USED ON ANOTHER VEHICLE, THE
ORIGINAL VEHICLE MUST BE UN-PROGRAMMED.

The MYFORD TOUCH CAM PROGRAMMER WILL NOT UN-PROGRAM ANY VEHICLE IF THE
VEHICLE WAS ORIGINALLY PROGRAMMED WITH ANOTHER PROGRAMMER, INCLUDING
FACTORY PROGRAMMING, OR A DIFFERENT MYFORD TOUCH CAM PROGRAMMER.
2. Connect the white/blue wires TOGETHER.
3. Repeat steps 2-5 under the Programming section, above

I start the car and get my normal display. I plug in the programmer and nothing happens. I do have a tune but I also tried un marrying my accessport completely. Didn't change anything.

I was told that it was never installed however I also tried to jump the two wires as stated with no affect.

Ford Community Posts