Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Review/Install of NAV-TV Backup Camera.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I start the car and get my normal display. I plug in the programmer and nothing happens. I do have a tune but I also tried un marrying my accessport completely. Didn't change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well looks like this is the FAQ for you

Q. I plugged in the unit, verified the white/blue wires were disconnected and cycled the key on, but the radio
didn?t change status or program rear view camera.
A. The programmer can only be used to program one vehicle and locks to the VIN number of that vehicle. You must
purchase a separate MYFORD TOUCH PROGRAMMER for each vehicle.
You did the part in bold?

That's what I was thinking as well. Need to get in touch with who I bought it from and make sure he didn't try to install it.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #66
With the car running,
What do you get on the display when you put the car in reverse?

Dave

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #67
BTW, mine still works perfect.

Dave

I put it back to stock already. I did this this morning. I don't remember if I put it in reverse in "on" or actually running..

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #73
No. I haven't had time and they don't have an email so I HAVE to call.

You could try this:

Tony Yankovsky <tony@navtv.com>

Or you could try a catch all, anything like sales or service @navtv.com, most companies have them.

Dave

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Anyone ever try this on a 2016 with Sync 3? Doubt it would work but thought I would ask
There are a few options now. There is a kit from 4Dtech.com for $250 and you can use forscan software to activate the feature (only need to pay for an odb programmer). The forum has details on both.

Anyone ever try this on a 2016 with Sync 3? Doubt it would work but thought I would ask
I installed on my 2016 with the AA update for about $30 including camera. All you need is a camera, ODBII reader that works with Forscan and a floppy drive power connector of a PC power supply. =)

For some reason you do lose auto dimming and auto switch to night mode on the screen. I don't know if that's fixed with the official AA release. Worth it for me though.

Oh, and some stiff nylon tubing for fishing wires through the hatch, this is a must!

The regular price at navtv.com is $750 for both kits.
I will be talking to them again and hoping to setup something like a group buy.

Dave

3 years later...

I have a question though about that camera.

I bought the 4dtech harness instead because it was $60 and I didn't want to mess with making the connections.
I used forscan to unlock the back up camera feature.
Now all that's left is to install a camera but I'm not sure which camera to install, I have the one that mostly everyone installs which is this ebay one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Rearview-Reverse-Backup-Parking-Camera-For-Ford-Mondeo-Ba7-S-Max-Fiesta-Kuga/371615886647?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 but I was thinking a camera solution only but the only thing I found was camera 6 from nav TV. I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger and buy it but how did you wire it since you used all of nav tv harness....What did the connections look like to see if it's worth buying it for $250 or just sticking with the ebay one for $10

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
3 years later...

I have a question though about that camera.

I bought the 4dtech harness instead because it was $60 and I didn't want to mess with making the connections.
I used forscan to unlock the back up camera feature.
Now all that's left is to install a camera but I'm not sure which camera to install, I have the one that mostly everyone installs which is this ebay one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Rearview-Reverse-Backup-Parking-Camera-For-Ford-Mondeo-Ba7-S-Max-Fiesta-Kuga/371615886647?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 but I was thinking a camera solution only but the only thing I found was camera 6 from nav TV. I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger and buy it but how did you wire it since you used all of nav tv harness....What did the connections look like to see if it's worth buying it for $250 or just sticking with the ebay one for $10
The wiring should all be the same. Using pin 14 and 15 of the headunit for the video and another for powering the camera(reverse light are great) it would work very well.

The wiring should all be the same. Using pin 14 and 15 of the headunit for the video and another for powering the camera(reverse light are great) it would work very well.
Are these the same plugs for all sync three plugs. I have one and want to put the high mount brake light camera and attach it to the back up camera and put in a toggle switch. Do you know if tthis is somethingthat can be done? I’m putting the high mount third brake light with camera on my 2015 F3 50 lariat dually.