Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RIP FiST

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

As CanadianGuy mentioned mods were not claimed on insurance so they're a right off no way of getting the money back for them, but if my insurance does give me the purchase price (have to wait till monday to find out) it'll pretty much cover them.

At the moment I'm not sure if I'll go with another ST since going back to stock would be pretty hard after having mine done up like i did.

Still just weighing my options but have been approved on A handful of cars I'm looking at that are for sale in my extended area.

2009 Nissan 370z
2011 Mustang GT
1999 Silvia S15 R-Spec (rhd)
2013 Subaru BRZ
1987 Corolla Levin (rhd)
1996 Skyline GTR (rhd)

What's everyone's opinions?
Parts for that GTR and silvia are a bitch to find. Gt is to heavy. 370z is a mediocre at best. Levin is a maybe as is the BRZ.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

As CanadianGuy mentioned mods were not claimed on insurance so they're a right off no way of getting the money back for them, but if my insurance does give me the purchase price (have to wait till monday to find out) it'll pretty much cover them.

At the moment I'm not sure if I'll go with another ST since going back to stock would be pretty hard after having mine done up like i did.

Still just weighing my options but have been approved on A handful of cars I'm looking at that are for sale in my extended area.

2009 Nissan 370z
2011 Mustang GT
1999 Silvia S15 R-Spec (rhd)
2013 Subaru BRZ
1987 Corolla Levin (rhd)
1996 Skyline GTR (rhd)

What's everyone's opinions?
If you don't want another FiST, then I suggest you keep looking based on what I see on list. Keep an eye out for a GTI or hold off for an RS?

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #24
Pics are all over the news so i figure i can post mine now, a pretty sad sight.

I'd love an RS but i fear they'd just be too expensive for me by the time they get to Canada. Looking at a 2013 Evo GSR today but not committing to anything until i hear what my insurance is doing, should get a call today or tomorrow from them.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #26
Well got off the phone with the insurance company and they will NOT cover the purchase price of the car...They're mailing me a form i have to fill out and then they'll get an appraiser to tell me what my car is worth, don't see this going well at all seeing as I've had the car for less than a year. Only (somewhat) positive thing is that since i had 0% financing and a 60 month term i don't owe a terrible amount on it, still see myself coming out of this owing a few thousand for a car that is totally destroyed though

mrtn

Unfortunately if you didn't have removal of depreciation on your policy they will only pay black book market value on a used FiST. Really sorry for your loss, I hope something good comes out of this at least.

Maybe you could consider legal action against the storage company to recover the amount that insurance didn't pay... Their insurance would have to pay then.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Sadly it sounds like most insurance companies here and the worst ones are the ones that spend a fortune on "cute" advertising instead of taking care of claims properly:(

I have no idea what thinks are like there overall but here we have a few good companies, I have been with State Farm for decades and they have always treated me incredibly well and promptly and with a good record and all these years with them, very good rates. You might want to shop around, let them know you are going to, etc......

SF would of already covered the claim by now, no dicking around making you wait to take a lower amount, etc,,, like car dealers like to do to break you down....

TheStig

Thats terrible man, i really hope your insurance company or the insurance of the storage does you right. Sounds like they want to stiff you already.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #31
Well I'm in for a fight it seems. Absolutely nothing has happened since my last post, called the insurance company numerous times and repeatedly got stupid and lazy excuses.

Them - "Did you complete the form we sent you?"

Me - "Yes, i completed and faxed it to you as soon as i got it the first of last week, have you not recieved it?"

Them - "No it's possible it's in my mailbox though, i haven't checked it yet"

So you haven't checked your mailbox when you're expecting something for over a week? Pure laziness

Another call i made surprised me that my claim had been outsourced to another claims company in my area and no one bothered to tell me, to top it off my adjuster didn't know the name of the company only the person i was handed off to and that i could "probably google her name and find it"

To top this whole mess off when finally getting in contact with this other company they inform me it will be around April or May before any of the insurance companies "experts" can come look at the car to say that it's written off.

That's not my claim settled, that's someone just looking at the car to say it's done for. I informed them that was insane and that a child could take one glance at the car and know it was destroyed and that enough was enough. Got intouch with customer service and am expecting a call back from a manager today to sort this mess out.

Was very polite up to this point but that time is long gone now.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Dang buddy,
That is the kind of thing that happens to people here that buy over priced highly advertised with cute critters, etc...horrid insurance, not saying you bought from a CA one like it, just what happens to many here.

Once you get this done then time for a new company!

Do they have things like we do in the US, the equivalent of our State Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner, etc?

They can be a big help.

Also a big tool is social media, let them know you are prepared to take it there if needed, any rational company knows the power it brings us;)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Wow. If it is a smaller company the should be under written buy a larger company. Push it up the food chain (which is what i see you are in the process).

What company is this?? They should have an ombudsman to write to. Threaten to write to them,That should speed things up. And if not do it and things will speed up.

I just read this entire post. Sorry for your lose and it sounds like that company is trying to pull a once over on you. Hope you get more than black book value! That's crazy it's practically a new car! Hang in there man!

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #36
Fairly good update

Received a call from the general manager apologizing for the treatment i was getting and agreed that the time frame given to me was unacceptable along with the actions up to this point.

He's emailing me a new copy of the form that was previously mailed to me (i was told to do things on the previous one that were apparently quite wrong as well) and once it's sent back to him I'm getting a cheque mailed to me the following day for what i have left owing on the car which is about $2000 above black book value.

He agreed it was rather pointles wasting time sending people to look at the car when there was nothing left and apologized for the lack of work done before i had to call and complain.

Happy with the results and can finally focus on what I'll be replacing the FiST with. Definitely have some grey hairs after this whole ordeal though!

Congrats!! Finally some good news to this situation. Update us on what you're getting, and if it's not a FiST, I hope you stick around!

That's great news! Your car was definitely one of the cleanest on the board. Keep us updated with what you get next [driving]

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #39
Finally made a decision on what's replacing the ST. Kind of the other end of the spectrum but i did test drive this exact car spring of last year when i was looking for a rear round driver (they offered the test drive couldn't say no even though it's far from a winter rig lol).

It's a 2011 Mustang GT California Special, 6 speed manual with the 5.0 V8 making 412hp and 390 ft-lbs with 20,000km (a bit over 12,400 miles) on the clock. Going to be picking up an exhaust right away and then a short throw shifter, long tube headers with x-pipe, lowering springs, and maybe a supercharger in the future.

The dealer mentioned it was still for sale just in storage off the lot for the winter when i went in to discuss paying of the FiST and after some negotiations they called me back a week later saying they'd accept my price. Looking forward to getting it home in the next few days.