Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM and vibration

I love my COBB RMM. Definitely a great upgrade. One thing, and it's not a huge deal, but I do hear a different vibration from the exhaust now, just when cold at low speed or idle. It's just louder, not bad. I wonder, and my question is, would better exhaust hangers help? Probably get new ones soon anyway, but wanted to hear if anyone knows. Posted this first in an old thread, didn't get answered.

matt

I don't see that happening. Exhaust hangers will generally only be stiffer and create less movement in the exhaust leading to more vibrations

dyn085

2000 Post Club
If you're hearing vibration in your exhaust then yes, the stiffer hangers will help. I would get under it first and make sure the heat shielding isn't bent or interfering.

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #4
yeah, gonna get under there later. like i said, its not a huge concern. Started after RMM install, just figured stiffer mount transferring vibration. Time for some exhaust hangers. Thanks guys.

Matt

Check if the RMM bolts are still tight. Loose RMM bolts can cause a knocking and vibrating sounds from the exhaust.

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #7
Alright, took me too long to reply. Got under car, re-torqued RMM bolts, they didn't even need it though. Checked all shielding. Everything is fine except the stock exhaust hangers are flimsy as your aunt Tilly's arm fat. Makes sense, stock mount is rather soft, once Cobb mount was put in, vibration gets isolated to the exhaust. Just ordered hangers and short shift kit. Peace.