Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM longevity?

kevinatfms

Ive used the following:
OE w/ powerflex bushings
OE w/ 3m window weld filling
CP-e
Boomba
AWR(current 70a bushings installed)

OE w/ filled or powerflex bushings did alright. They started to come apart after a few thousand miles though and i kept hearing a clunk. Id go back to OE w/ 3m filling if i could source a free stock RMM and just prep it much better. It offered the best NVH isolation along with still being stiffer than stock.

The CP-e has the EPDM bushing which is the nicest for NVH reduction but the damn warranty requires original receipt(mine lasted 4 years and lost the receipt) before they will replace the bushings. It basically pushed the bushing through the roll pin that secures it which then cocks the motor mount and causes a clunk.

Boomba is easily the most beefy of the bunch but the stiffest of them all by a FAR margin. Thing caused all kinds of NVH but totally solid, zero wheel hop and no clunking noise. It would last an eternity doing track days, autocross and drag racing as it really has nothing to fail(bushing is captured and cannot move at all). Its also the best fitting piece i have installed. Some of the others have extra aluminum bushings to take up the slack which can be tiresome if you have to fiddle with removing it.

Went to AWR since i received and insane discount on the RMM and PSS mounts together. So far they are very well engineered but we will have to see how long these 70a poly bushings last before they come apart. I have a track event tomorrow so ill see then.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^How many MILES (approx.) were on the CP-E when it came apart?

Would you speculate that the many open track days it 'suffered' were a major cause of it's early demise?