Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM Vibrations

Hey guys,
I just removed my boomba racing RMM this weekend after about a month of trying to live with it on my 2019 that I daily drive and bring to the canyons on weekends. I’ve always heard the RMM is the best mod on the fiesta but after testing out the Boomba mount I was really not a fan! I used to compete in RallyX in a gutted first gen Subaru Impreza so I’m definitely all about the stiffness of a built car! But the vibration that came throigh the pedal and wheels was just unbearable to drive under 1800 rpm. Has anyone else experienced this specifically with the Boomba mount or any other mounts? Is there a possibility that my 3” exhaust is causing extra rattling and vibration? Could new exhaust hangers help at all? I’m thinking about spending the extra cash on a Cobb mount since they seem to be the most popular option, but I’m worried it will be too similar to the Boomba mount.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hey guys,
I just removed my boomba racing RMM this weekend after about a month of trying to live with it on my 2019 that I daily drive and bring to the canyons on weekends. I’ve always heard the RMM is the best mod on the fiesta but after testing out the Boomba mount I was really not a fan! I used to compete in RallyX in a gutted first gen Subaru Impreza so I’m definitely all about the stiffness of a built car! But the vibration that came throigh the pedal and wheels was just unbearable to drive under 1800 rpm. Has anyone else experienced this specifically with the Boomba mount or any other mounts? Is there a possibility that my 3” exhaust is causing extra rattling and vibration? Could new exhaust hangers help at all? I’m thinking about spending the extra cash on a Cobb mount since they seem to be the most popular option, but I’m worried it will be too similar to the Boomba mount.
I had the same issue with an AWR mount that I bought. Depends on the level of "hardness" the RMM is. Could be race spec and be too tough for your preference. Replaced my AWR with a Whoosh Street Spec and the difference is night and day. I would recommend this one.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Whoosh Street Spec for the bang for the buck bargain, or the Vibra Technics EPDM (vs. the poly of the Whoosh) for the high end option from Ron.

I had the (also EPDM bushed, albeit much harder durometer than the VT) CP-E on the car, from almost day one of ownership from new, and it was not too bad, but it really started to bother me with excessive NVH this past winter (due to temps, wear?? [dunno]), so I swapped it out for the VT, which although one can still 'feel it', is not excessive in NVH. [wink] [thumb]

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys! I’ll definitely check out the RMM from whoosh in their street spec and hopefully it’s much more comfortable while adding the better shifting feel. I did love how the boomba mount felt after about 2000 rpm and really improved feel when downshifting, so I was kind of bummed switching back to the oem mount!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you like a smidgen of hardness and the best designed mount out there, I would recommend the CP-E RMM. The bushing material is well engineered and will likely last long after the other RMM materials wear out. You probably chose the worst RMM to upgrade to (Boomba) hence the poor experience IMO.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will stand up for Boomba...i had one for almost 50k...not very much engine movement like the Vibratechnics mount I will say that....was it stiff...sure was....i didn't mind it. Changed mine out for what I thought was flase knock....NOPE. Wasn't it and i still have it and might even put it back in. Their mount is quality and they will warranty the urethane for as long as you own it. How many aftermarket mounts do that? Not a lot

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will stand up for Boomba...i had one for almost 50k...not very much engine movement like the Vibratechnics mount I will say that....was it stiff...sure was....i didn't mind it. Changed mine out for what I thought was flase knock....NOPE. Wasn't it and i still have it and might even put it back in. Their mount is quality and they will warranty the urethane for as long as you own it. How many aftermarket mounts do that? Not a lot

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Good save! That wheel would have done some damage.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Whoosh Street Spec for the bang for the buck bargain, or the Vibra Technics EPDM (vs. the poly of the Whoosh) for the high end option from Ron.

I had the (also EPDM bushed, albeit much harder durometer than the VT) CP-E on the car, from almost day one of ownership from new, and it was not too bad, but it really started to bother me with excessive NVH this past winter (due to temps, wear?? [dunno]), so I swapped it out for the VT, which although one can still 'feel it', is not excessive in NVH. [wink] [thumb]
Ron has a lot of praise for the VT mount. It comes in two different versions Fast Road or Competition. I was thinking of swapping out my Mountune for the fast road. The engine moves around too much with the Mountune.

Thanks guys! I’ll definitely check out the RMM from whoosh in their street spec and hopefully it’s much more comfortable while adding the better shifting feel. I did love how the boomba mount felt after about 2000 rpm and really improved feel when downshifting, so I was kind of bummed switching back to the oem mount!
Do it! Very little vibration, and only with AC on. 20200516_111311.jpg

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I currently run the Boomba RMM. It did vibrate a lot in the beginning, but eventually it broke in. Still some vibrations at idle with the AC on but the shifter feel and no wheelhop more than make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Cobb one and I had vibration without ac and worse with the ac but after a few hundred miles it broke in and now I get some vibration with the ac on

OP
J
Thread Starter #14
Thanks for the input guys! I’ll be putting the boomba mount up for sale in the classifieds on here, and ordering the whoosh mount very soon. I’ll follow up on this thread and do a personal comparison on how it feels!

Se7eN

Hey guys,
I had that Boomba Mount for about a week, it is the most horrible thing I've ever put on the car vibration wise. I have the Whoosh Race Spec and it works awesome. Very little Vibes even with all the inserts being race spec and having MBRP exaust with torque solution hangers

I got the Cobb one and I had vibration without ac and worse with the ac but after a few hundred miles it broke in and now I get some vibration with the ac on
Similar here. I have the COBB RMM and there is more vibration through the RPM range, much more noticeable with AC.

OP
J

jazz

Thread Starter #17
I had that Boomba Mount for about a week, it is the most horrible thing I've ever put on the car vibration wise. I have the Whoosh Race Spec and it works awesome. Very little Vibes even with all the inserts being race spec and having MBRP exaust with torque solution hangers
I think getting some of those torque solutions hangers might also be super key in terms of the extra vibration! I have a super cheap 3 piece catback from Amazon 😭 and I’ve been meaning to have full single piece stainless steel exhaust built for the car with some really nice hangers 💪

OP
J

jazz

Thread Starter #18
Ordered the whoosh street spec mount along with a catless dp! I'll comment back with a quick review on how I like it compared to the Boomba RMM.

SrsBsns

Ron has a lot of praise for the VT mount. It comes in two different versions Fast Road or Competition. I was thinking of swapping out my Mountune for the fast road. The engine moves around too much with the Mountune.
I've been thinking about swapping my Mountune too to go with the fast road or the AWR mount.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you like a smidgen of hardness and the best designed mount out there, I would recommend the CP-E RMM. The bushing material is well engineered and will likely last long after the other RMM materials wear out.
This is why I am holding onto my CP-E RMM, and will not sell it, as if/when I go to more power from an S280, or the like, I plan on re-installing it, even though Ron claims the VT 'fast road' mount I have on the car now can handle all of the power in the world. [wink]