Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RobK's 15' OW Build

I am finally getting around to do a build thread on my current setup, sorry I don't have many pics as I am usually too anxious to get the mods done to take pics.

Car is a 2015 Oxford White Fist with Recaros, Nav, Moonroof, Rado Wheels.

Engine:
Cobb Catted Downpipe with Cobb Catback and Cobb hangers.
Cobb FMIC with Cobb Charge pipes. (Now running ATP highflow Hot side)
Cobb Intake With larger filter and no Airbox. (Stock box and Cobb filter was insufficient for bigger turbo)
ATP GT2554 Turbo kit
Forge FMDV008 Diverter Valve (I wanted to Recirc the system rather than blow off to atmosphere to keep it quieter)
Mishimoto OCC
Cobb RMM
Tuned By Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] 91 octane and E30

Suspension:
Cobb springs with stock shocks
Pierce Motorsports 6 point brace
Pierce Motorsports Street Rear Torsion Bar currently ordered.

I started this thread because some were interested in how this turbo combination performs and when I was looking into it there was little to no information out there.

Once I finish fine tuning everything I will post some graphs but the car feels amazing already, I wanted something stock location that wasn't too laggy so I decided to go with the 2554 over the 2560. During tuning there was a pretty big flat spot between 3-4k rpm, we eventually found it to be caused by the Cobb airbox lid and Cobb filter. I removed the lid and stock airbox and installed a larger filter on the Cobb intake and it performs much better now.

I am really curious how the 2560 performs though and being that I already brake traction near the top of second gear I would almost be afraid that traction would be worse not to mention the added lag. I mostly play in the canyons so I don't want to be spinning the tires out of every corner with too much power just to show off.
That was the problem with the stock turbo with an Ethanol tune, trying to manage the torque mid corner without blowing off the tires.

I will try to update as we progress,

Rob.

OP
R
Thread Starter #2
I would also like to thank [MENTION=3244]STeve[/MENTION] for the help piecing this together and especially with the install!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
thanks for posting Rob!

sub'd to follow gt2554 Turbo upgrade results... [thumb]

I would also like to thank [MENTION=3244]STeve[/MENTION] for the help piecing this together and especially with the install!
No problem at all man. We actually had one of our Thursday meets at my house and pulled the stock turbo out. The boys showed up with beer and all gave a hand.

OP
R
Thread Starter #8
No problem at all man. We actually had one of our Thursday meets at my house and pulled the stock turbo out. The boys showed up with beer and all gave a hand.
Yes, I would also like to thank [MENTION=3313]D-resonant[/MENTION], [MENTION=3445]PestoBananaPie[/MENTION], [MENTION=3711]BadNewsST[/MENTION], [MENTION=697]SICKESSS-ST[/MENTION] and a few other Focus guys!

SICKESSS-ST

Hahaha, we'll always at least show up with beer! [cheers]

Yes, I would also like to thank [MENTION=3313]D-resonant[/MENTION], [MENTION=3445]PestoBananaPie[/MENTION], [MENTION=3711]BadNewsST[/MENTION], [MENTION=697]SICKESSS-ST[/MENTION] and a few other Focus guys!
Anytime man! Can't wait for a test drive by the way, lol. [driving]

You are making right around what it should for that turbo. From what I found online the choke flow for that turbo is 27 lb/min, which by using rule of thumb of 10hp per lb/min comes out to 270hp. Pretty damn close.

You are making right around what it should for that turbo. From what I found online the choke flow for that turbo is 27 lb/min, which by using rule of thumb of 10hp per lb/min comes out to 270hp. Pretty damn close.
In logs its flowing 24lb/min

In logs its flowing 24lb/min
That is airflow mass which is inferred from the other engine parameters, it isn't always accurate. It is only intended to be used for table calculations really. I use it to see what the turbo is doing through the rpm range.

That is airflow mass which is inferred from the other engine parameters, it isn't always accurate. It is only intended to be used for table calculations really. I use it to see what the turbo is doing through the rpm range.
If we add preload to the WG do you think it'll help much up top with a little more boost?

OP
R
Thread Starter #17
For the price I'm really happy with it, hopefully we can squeeze out some more HP once we preload the wastegate actuator some more.

It should help a little bit up top, we will see! I will have to bring boost down in the mid-range though. I'm targeting 23.5psi.