Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rolling fenders

Anyone who has done it do you have any suggestions? Bought a Eastwood roller and looking to do it in a couple days. Got some new wheels and tires and the front left is cutting up the tire on the hard bumps.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's a trick with our paint jobs. Hit the paint with a heat gun to soften it and take little bites. Also, make sure that you're not hitting the bumper tabs or inner fender liners before you go after the sheet metal.

SrsBsns

Go slow and gradually increase the pressure when using the roller and make sure to keep the paint nice and warm. Go section by section making just a little progress with each pass.

It's a tedious job and it's easy to get frustrated but one mistake and you'll have a crease or a crack in your paint. Just take it slow and use the heat gun.

OP
E
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the help. The only tire that is getting cuts is the left front so I'm gonna start there and take my time with that one

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the help. The only tire that is getting cuts is the left front so I'm gonna start there and take my time with that one
Same issues w/ me on my 16x8 225/45/16 setup.

What is your setup?

Interested to hear if your fender rolling fixes the issue.

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
Same issues w/ me on my 16x8 225/45/16 setup.

What is your setup?

Interested to hear if your fender rolling fixes the issue.
215/40/17 on 17x8. It's the falkin 660s though they are super fat.

I'll let you know

I'm interested to hear how this goes as well

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Really? I figured it would have been the other way around. The metal on the rear seems way thicker
Which makes it easier - it actually stays in place! The front wants to bend and warp with the roller and not actually pull the fender out further - the mounting points are too flimsy.

With the rear you can gradually increase the amount you add and see the roll progress - not so much in the front.

Erick_V

Which makes it easier - it actually stays in place! The front wants to bend and warp with the roller and not actually pull the fender out further - the mounting points are too flimsy.

With the rear you can gradually increase the amount you add and see the roll progress - not so much in the front.
Ahh I see what you mean! That makes sense. I can see it flexing as itā€™s only mounted in like 3 places to the chassis lol

OP
E
Thread Starter #15
ditto as I am about to throw Titans on 17x8+40 with RT660ā€˜s in 215/40 also what is the OPā€™s suspension? Ride height?
Eibach pro springs on stock shocks. I only had rub on the front drivers side, I think the car is calling me fat. I bought a rolling kit and just did that one. It worked fine but I still needed to trim inside were the wheel arch connects to the front bumper. No rubs since.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have rub on the front passenger side lol. The metal clip that anchors the lowest bumper bolt got shifted towards the bottom of the tab and actually put an extra groove in my tire about an inch from the side.:LOL:
I loosened the bumper and fender today and twisted that clip upwards so the only thing hanging down now is the plastic of the bumper tab. I am gonna hit that with a dremel tomorrow hopefully that will clear my rub only on extreme compression issue.

I cut out the bottom bolt section on each side. No fitment issues with only 2 bolts! Before and after pics below. Just for reference, I am running 205/50 tires on 16x7 wheels with an offset of -42. On Mountune springs. Had rubbing through big dips.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
hope that works out good. please let us know
if you run into any complications
I trimmed mine with a Dremel up to just underneath the washer. It only took a couple of minutes.
now I am looking for a local fender roller to roll the inside lip that sticks straight out horizontal. The most famous local guy in the Valley is sick. So I gotta find someone else .