Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roof rails

secbrad

This has worked for me. I think I went this route because it was cheaper than most roof rails and I’m just hauling bikes right now. I’ve heard mixed comments on wind noise for the roof rails, some hear it and some don’t. One issue I ran into with this setup was the muffler tapping the hitch but I ordered a stiffer 10mm long exhaust hanger from torquesolution.com which solved most of that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
fastcompany166
Thread Starter #3
That looks pretty clean, and I may just go the hitch route as well. Thanks for the reply!

This has worked for me. I think I went this route because it was cheaper than most roof rails and I’m just hauling bikes right now. I’ve heard mixed comments on wind noise for the roof rails, some hear it and some don’t. One issue I ran into with this setup was the muffler tapping the hitch but I ordered a stiffer 10mm long exhaust hanger from torquesolution.com which solved most of that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you be able to share hitch part number?
thanks

SPhilli911

I went with a Yakima roof rack system for bikes because I didn't want to deal with the hitch and potential issues with my aftermarket exhaust. I do, however, like that the hitch is a lot less noticeable when you aren't hauling bikes and the rack. I think there are pros and cons of both, but the roof one is real easy to remove after the initial install.

The wind noise was bit loud (only with the windows down, otherwise you can't hear it at all), but I have since bought a fairing that seemed to fix that issue.