Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rotora

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner, just make them dual drilled, saves a dab of weight as well as fit either bolt pattern:)

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #22
Will be picking up my car sometime today or over the weekend. Took a little while but here is a teaser.

More pics will come when I pick up the car.

Also more information to about the kit and a group buy thread will be posted shortly.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #24
And just a little more info for the tease, there will be a value kit going in on the group buy that is about half as much as the full kit I have here. Same calipers and mounting, different rotors.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That kit is pure sex! But yea, a one piece rotor with the same calipers might just be within my budget. Did I miss the post that says this will fit under stock wheels?

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #27
Details on that bit will come after I pick up the car, here is a few more pics.

Still hashing out details of the group buy

Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy

Hefty Hefty Hefty

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow. This almost makes me regret all the money I've spent on mods so far. :(

So... You mentioned that a spacer may be needed for the stockers... True false? I don't particularly like wilwood kit since I hear some issues with them, so I would consider this if we don't need to run spacers...

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #30
OK so its been a long time coming but I finally have the go ahead to post all the info.

Here are the details of my current kit:

forged aluminum 4-Piston Caliper (RF403 type), natural-anodize finish with custom black engraved logo
2-piece directional airfoil slotted disc rings: heat-treated
forged aluminum hats (6061-T6, custom natural anodize finish) with anti-rattle float drive hardware
aluminum (7075-T6) directional caliper mounting brackets
stainless steel braided brake lines (front/rear)
H2 ceramic street pads

NOTE: Rotora?s (directional) front caliper mounting brackets relocates the caliper from the top of the disc to the front. This will help reduce piston knockback, pad taper wear, and improve bleeding of the brakes. You can see this in the pic below.

Rotora Brake System Weight=45 lbs
OEM Brake System Weight=53.5lbs
15.9% weight reduction

Here are the details of the value kit that Rotora will be doing at a limited run (for now)

forged aluminum 4-Piston Caliper
1-piece 300x24mm slotted disc (Heat-Treated)
aluminum (7075-T6) directional caliper mounting brackets
set of stainless steel braided brake lines
set of H2 ceramic street pads

They dont have any pictures of this kit at the moment because right now there are only a few kits available. They basically just had some left over rotors from the SVT focus and built a bracket to support the caliper from the other kit.

View attachment Wheel Fitment Instruction_12.pdf

View attachment 1-Piece Disc Brake System.pdf View attachment 2-Piece Disc Brake System.pdf

As for this fitment goes, to clear OEM17? wheels: 1-Piece Brake Kit requires 20mm wheel Spacer, 2-Piece Brake kit requires 25mm Wheel spacer is required.
I currently have the 25mm spacer and it fits just fine in the wheelwell no rubbing, but I am at stock height right now. Ill be lowered later in the next couple weeks so I'll be able to give more details then. I plan on a set of custom 3 piece wheels to fit these no problem. For those interested inn the wheels and already on after market wheels, I attached the clearance diagrams that Rotora supplied me. Follow the instructions on them and you should be able to figure out if your wheels will fit the kits.

Ill be posting a group buy for these two kits in the appropriate section. The price is extremely good for what you get out of the kits.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #32
$260 each ring.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are their hat bolt patterns/configurations/width exclusive to them, or could some of the other ring manufacturers' (Afco, Hawk, PF, etc.) replacements fit and work?

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #34
I'm sure it's proprietary.

This looks like a great BBK.

The rotor ring replacement price may seem steep. But keep in mind that rotor ring replacement will be much less frequent than with a one piece version, because of the better venting, and heat dissipation offered by a two piece design. What you pay up front for a high quality and well engineered BBK pays dividends in the long run. Parts last longer and braking is more consistent even in racing conditions, leading to more braking confidence. A BBK like this would definitely be in my plans if my FIST was my dedicated track car.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Those are some chunky spacers. Wheel bearings will theoretically wear quicker. Too bad. I really liked the kit. Custom 3pc wheels ur planning will solve for that but talk about pay to play!

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #37
The spacers I have are custom machined for this application, I was assured no premature wear, but you never know. The 3 piece wheels are just what I'm going to do, TD or any of the others might fit, idk. If anybody with aftermarket wheels is willing to help out that would be awesome

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #39
If those are 15s and the template doesn't touch anywhere but the hub, then yes they will fit. I would make sure the template is running across the middle of 2 opposing lug holes though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Noodles Member Group Buys 33