Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rough Shifting

I may have the same problem with my transmission. I made the mistake of letting my cousin drive me to the store to let him feel how fun the car is and we only made it 50 yards away from my house when i said he could "open up" and he shifted from 1st to 2nd then.............1st again!!!!! huge grinding and crunching and abs brake noises flooded my ears! I thought he blew the trans or engine!!!!! I was so pissed I didn't think he was that shity at driving but I guess I had to learn the hard way! I know the trans must be fine because I don't hear any noises when shifting just feels a little clunkier and I have to put a bit more effort into throwing the gears into place! might just be me but it sucks, I still love my car, fcking thing is a soldier! can't believe it stills drives like new!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I may have the same problem with my transmission. I made the mistake of letting my cousin drive me to the store to let him feel how fun the car is and we only made it 50 yards away from my house when i said he could "open up" and he shifted from 1st to 2nd then.............1st again!!!!! huge grinding and crunching and abs brake noises flooded my ears! I thought he blew the trans or engine!!!!! I was so pissed I didn't think he was that shity at driving but I guess I had to learn the hard way! I know the trans must be fine because I don't hear any noises when shifting just feels a little clunkier and I have to put a bit more effort into throwing the gears into place! might just be me but it sucks, I still love my car, fcking thing is a soldier! can't believe it stills drives like new!
I recommend changing the fluid. Could help eliminate any metal particles and could bring back some smoothness. Cheap fix if you do it yourself (take the air intake box out of the way for easy access).