Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Royal purple oil

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've heard good things about Royal Purple. I've always used Amsoil

dyn085

2000 Post Club
For the price, no. There are much better oils that cost the same or less.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Here in Italy is to be used 5w30 , I do not think there is the Amsoil in this gradation .
Do you know advise others 5w30 full synthetic ?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I run it. No issues with it. Done 4 oil changes already 5-6k interval. But any good synthetic works well. However you will see debates on each side. it is a prickly topic.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
you mean the Royal ? Have you noticed improvements over the Castrol ?

Zormecteon

I'm a believer, and here's why. I (used to) work in and industrial environment. (paper mill). A place like that will only use a product if it's proven to be cost effective, that is they save more money by using that product than from using any other. I saw barrels of the stuff. Not necessarily motor oil, but lubricants of many kinds. The most common in use was indeed Royal Purple.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This thread-
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/668-What-oil-brand-do-you-use-on-your-Fiesta-ST

is approaching 200 posts on the topic of which oil to use, something a lot of folks have strong feelings about, as Canadian Guy said above. I would definitely use a high-quality full synthetic. Royal Purple does not appeal to me, but I'm not very familiar with it. I will probably use Mobil 1 EP after break-in.

I see you live in Venice, one of my favorite places. I'm assuming you either drive on the mainland, or have the only amphibious ST [;)]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Go to Bob is the oil guy site . The analysis from blackstone isn't that great . Great marketing though.