Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

RS Driving Experience EP 2

In this episode we install a Steeda 25.4mm rear sway bar as we had noticed the factory dialed in understeer and wanted to help reduce that feeling and enhance the car to feel more balanced.

[video=youtube_share;JU6OnuPBJ9E]https://youtu.be/JU6OnuPBJ9E[/video]

Excellent video, I was thinking of picking up one too. Do you guys plan on doing the fronts too?

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Excellent video, I was thinking of picking up one too. Do you guys plan on doing the fronts too?
No from my experience if we were to upgrade the front that would induce more understeer. The rear helped a lot in reducing the body roll as well. Plus the rear only takes 30 minutes to install versus the front is like a 2+ hour job. I had an upgraded front sway bar on my Fiesta ST and I had to dramatically change the spring rates to remove the understeer due to the front bar. Just recently switched back to the stock bar on the Fiesta. A good option is to just upgraded the sway bar bushings in the front to get a tighter steering feel.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Hey Pete, any particular reason you guys chose Steeda over other brands? I'm just curious. Great video guys.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Hey Pete, any particular reason you guys chose Steeda over other brands? I'm just curious. Great video guys.
It had to do with size, Steeda is 25.4mm, Whiteline is 22mm and adjustable, H&R is 24mm. Those were the three brands we found when looking and decided to go with the 25.4mm to help remove the understeer. Price point wise those three brands were all pretty close to each other. It we need the bar to be stiffer there is also the option for the upgraded mounts that Steeda sells for less deflection. Although that may not be needed, but we will make that decision after an autocross/track day events.

Edit: Also Neil has had Steeda parts before on his Focus ST and enjoyed their customer service as well as their quality in products.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thanks for the reply and you did address my questions regarding the different sizes between the brands. Eibach will also be releasing their 25mm sway bar soon.

It had to do with size, Steeda is 25.4mm, Whiteline is 22mm and adjustable, H&R is 24mm. Those were the three brands we found when looking and decided to go with the 25.4mm to help remove the understeer. Price point wise those three brands were all pretty close to each other. It we need the bar to be stiffer there is also the option for the upgraded mounts that Steeda sells for less deflection. Although that may not be needed, but we will make that decision after an autocross/track day events.

Edit: Also Neil has had Steeda parts before on his Focus ST and enjoyed their customer service as well as their quality in products.

In this episode we install a Steeda 25.4mm rear sway bar as we had noticed the factory dialed in understeer and wanted to help reduce that feeling and enhance the car to feel more balanced.

[video=youtube_share;JU6OnuPBJ9E]https://youtu.be/JU6OnuPBJ9E[/video]
Installed this swaybar a few months ago, and loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk