Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Running winter wheels in the Spring??

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I've been running my winter Generals for about two weeks now in 50+ degree weather. I plan to get them off in a week or so but I was wondering how bad is it to run them in those temperatures?

I know it's bad to do year round with winter tires but will a couple of weeks do THAT much harm? I haven't been doing any spirited driving with them on either in these mentioned temperatures either.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Drive like you are on snow tires and you will be fine . Drive like you are on racing tires and you may see more wear..

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Drive like you are on snow tires and you will be fine . Drive like you are on racing tires and you may see more wear..
That's what I amused. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks man. Can't wait to get my BFGoodrichs on.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I am still running on winter tires and it was 70'F on Wednesday and then snowed today. Spring is so unpredictable that I end up running the winter tires way into April. Before the days of global warming, I would install winter tires just before Christmas and take them off early March. Now I put them on in early November and keep them until almost May. I have actually driven more on my winter tires than my summer tires with my ST.